Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are we going with no new attacking player on saturday? To be fair the director only had a week really to sort out any incoming...probably too busy trying to lower our wage bill whilst offering literally peanuts and others really going for it with proper bids...well there is always deadline day I guess...

The Forest owner is a minted shipping magnatec good mates with the Greek PM and owner of Olympiakos, who are hugely corrupt influence in their football and widely despised by all except their own.

There’s a good chance the hubris will come back and bite him on the arse from this latest madcap no one to tell him what to do project, the type he’s famed for.

Basically he’s a cheap ouzo Usmanov

Forest are basically when you manage a small team on Football Manager and got promoted from the Championship on the back of loads of loans and your own players were crap. Sign 20 or so new players and hope you stay up.

Wonder if they have saved the game so can go back when the most expensive signing does his cruciate on his debut?

Cooper will more than likely figure it out at Forest. On paper, they now have a squad to survive.

Are we going to do some proper business or are we going to accept our place at the bottom of the table?

How come Norwich never done the same ?

It depends on the clubs strategy to risk, sustainability and consistency - i think Stoke were the for runners, they showed they could do it with a championship squad and incrementally improve.

I think most clubs hedge their bets, in a way Norwich are better of financially then Forrest after two promotions. Norwich come up first time get the revenue - try and stay up, dont, go back down and then get the parachute payments - they have more money in the championship then everyone else - come up again, year in the PL - go back down more parachute payments - Norwich two promotions are worth 200 mill to them in PL revenue and 160 mill in parachute payments. They take a long term view until they crack it. They dont need to fire sale and will back themselves for promotion. If Forrest go down there will have to be a fire sale, but they look at it as a worthwhile risk to stay up, Norwich reinvest it in a long temr approach, Forrest and blowing it now.

Its about the clubs attitude to risk, consistency and sustainability and how much they want to take on.

Cooper will more than likely figure it out at Forest. On paper, they now have a squad to survive.

Are we going to do some proper business or are we going to accept our place at the bottom of the table?
Has the potential to go absolutely t**s up for them as well…

Can see players with previous questionable attitude like lingard, Dennis not respecting cooper if results don’t go great. A lot of players to keep happy as well.

They’ll be right in the relegation mix for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.