2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 out of 40,000. Christ, the lads really running the gauntlet dealing with that.
Eh?

Why are you being so obtuse? There will be blues who go the game that will give him a harder time after all this if he doesn't go.

Match going Evertonians gave Lukaku a hard time for not working hard enough so it's really not a wild claim.

Double digits goals?

No! I can think of 1 wide player in 30 years who's done that for us. He was in the peak of his career and had won multiple titles etc.

Foden doesnt even do that for City.

If he can get 8 league goals, that would be an excellent return IMO.
Problem is we're now playing 3 forwards not traditional wingers.

We probably require 30+ goals from Gordon/McNeil/Gray/DCL. A big ask with Doms recent fitness record.

Double digits goals?

No! I can think of 1 wide player in 30 years who's done that for us. He was in the peak of his career and had won multiple titles etc.

Foden doesnt even do that for City.

If he can get 8 league goals, that would be an excellent return IMO.
9 goals and 5 assists last season and 9g + 5a again the season before, not massive but shows consistency. I don't think they are unreasonable numbers to expect Gordon to be achieving in a season.

9 goals and 5 assists last season and 9g + 5a again the season before, not massive but shows consistency. I don't think they are unreasonable numbers to expect Gordon to be achieving in a season.

He doesnt get 10 goals. Hes also younger than Foden.

Foden also plays in a team that has 75%+possession with Silva, De Bruyne, Rodri, Mahrez, Haaland, Cancelo.

The fact anyone would think it was reasonable, to think any player, never mind Gordon could outdo an older player, who's meant to be the best young player in the country, in a side with a tiny fraction of the creativity sort of sums up the delusional towards him.

Eh?

Why are you being so obtuse? There will be blues who go the game that will give him a harder time after all this if he doesn't go.

Match going Evertonians gave Lukaku a hard time for not working hard enough so it's really not a wild claim.
I’m not being obtuse, you started replying to me, not the other way round. I’m saying that since last season there’s been a lot of talk about him getting a hard time and the pressure he gets put under and how everyone needs to lay off him, and yet I honestly don’t think a player has had the entire fan base behind him like Gordon has for the last 20 years. If you’re talking about something else that’s fine, but that’s not really my fault is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.