Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the club is playing mind games with us, get our hopes up on promising players, draw it out to the last couple days, only to sign very lack luster players hoping we will be happy with finally signed someone.
I don’t think it’s the club. It looks to me like a lot of articles get written around the same kind of guesswork that happens on forums, where people on the outside look at what’s needed and who’s available, and just try to be clever at connecting dots that aren’t necessarily there.

Frank has been consistent in talking about what he’s trying to strengthen and not feeling desperate for a striker (he always reiterates that Everton isn’t the only club in the same boat, and there’s no need to panic), but that he’s working on getting the right players in before the deadline, not just any players to fill a gap before the next match.

….reminded of Moshiri saying;

’Judge us at the end of the window’.

it’s almost like agreeing we‘ll only play 33 rather than 38 games this season, not to mention forfeiting a cup competition.
I guess it depends on whether you see the transfer window as only relevant to this season or whether you see is as part of a process to build us up over multiple seasons.

Player contracts can be 5 years.

Would you prefer to rush into a deal and have them here for 5 years or make sure you have enough time to give yourself the best chance to bring in quality?

I think its sensible to wait even if its until the end of the window.

The window shuts in 12 days and there’s 3 league games in that time.

Waiting until the end of the window simply doesn’t mean we’ll be bringing in quality, why haven’t you learnt this by now? If anything we’re more likely to rush and make a panic signing the longer we leave it.

Serious football clubs don’t do their most important business in the last week of the window. We are not a serious football club, we’re a joke sham of an organisation.

Personally, I would rather the club take a little longer, and get the right deals done, better calibre players, more dead wood removed from the club etc. Than rush into deals and patch up the problems.

I will judge at end of the window. Fixing the problems for a brighter long term future is more important than first few games of season. But of course we don't want to be losing them all. Arguably we should have taken away 2 draws so far though.

Hoping if Gordon goes we can get some exciting new faces in for the season.

The window shuts in 12 days and there’s 3 league games in that time.

Waiting until the end of the window simply doesn’t mean we’ll be bringing in quality, why haven’t you learnt this by now? If anything we’re more likely to rush and make a panic signing the longer we leave it.

How can you learn something in the past when the event is happening in the future ?

How can you learn something in the past when the event is happening in the future ?
thinking-gif-2018-1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.