2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t think of a non routine save he forced Henderson into. That miss in the last minute was a howler that cost us 2 points.
I mean Pickford was the only one who made an actual howler today friend.

One in the second half that was going bottom corner was a good save, IMO.

*whispers*

What you're saying here is that basic stats are bad but better stats that account for things like this are good.
And I'll be able to get them, btw. I had a very quick glance at the basic stats.

I didn't say he was great. But it's not correct to say 'nothing happens', because - by definition - things happened.

Hes a finish away from exploding in my opinion.

Also reckon if Guardiola got his hands on him and made him into a Sterling type forward player, him being able to strike a ball won't make a difference if he's always 2 yards out on the far post.
Guardiola can afford the luxury of that type of player because of the ability in the rest of the team. We did it with Sheedy. He ecelled because of Reid and Bracewell and Steven.
We can't afford a luxury player at the moment, let alone the time to develop one.
We're backpeddling 3 games into a season and inviting a disaster on to us.

He played okay, still a lot of improvement needed and I'd snap Chelsea's hand off for £50m, which we might well be in line to get.
It's true that he was just about alright when you consider the trash that surrounds him in the team, but there really is no excuse to shoot the football like a little fanny.

If he put a bit of power into his shots at least the goalkeeper might be forced to parry it back out, when ultimately it'll lead to nothing anyway as we have nobody with the instinct to get into goalscoring positions.

Anyway in an ideal world we'd keep him and add two more attacking players to the starting XI, but never happening.

If Chelsea want him, anything north of £30m would be fantastic. Seeing as they've had a bid of around £40m turned down, we need to be on our knees begging then to reinstate their offer and accept it immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.