Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how can united continue to spend and spend...no champions league, huge wage bill and no significant sale in the last few years really. Surely its either antony or gakpo, no way they could afford both having already spent well over 100 millions
Because they generate far more money than most other clubs in the world ( in fact they may be the wealthiest) their spending power dwarfs ours by many magnitude.

Because they generate far more money than most other clubs in the world ( in fact they may be the wealthiest) their spending power dwarfs ours by many magnitude.
That will not last...if they continue to under perform year after year it will slowly but surely change...the only way they can now attract top players is by paying crazy wages for them...that will eventually put them into trouble as I don't see them playing champions league football for a number of years. The United brand is damaged unless they get new owners of course...

I mean, yeh, but everybody (except you) knows they are an improvement. But, if you can find a reason to have moan, why not I guess.

THey will take time to gel and need a solid midfield in front, but we all know they are better.
We'll see, nobody "knows" for certain, I'll wait for the evidence, so far it's same old same old. Even if they are better it's not order of magnitude better, they'll just be a bit better.

And none of it will mean anything if we continue to struggle to score goals. No matter how much optimism some might have.

Tarkowski was awful yesterday. People would have called for Keane's nuts in a jar if he did that.
His casual play when in possession just outside our area concerns me. He has been caught in possession in each of our games to date and has given the ball away in dangerous places with careless passes. I think his overall defensive play is fine, but, I think he is over confident when in possession.

I'm thinking let's bring in a defender that can play in a back four?
Understandable but we really need to start putting the ball in the net as well on a regular basis. Seems decades, apart from the odd blip, that we had a decent goal scorer. Even if we had goals from elsewhere in the squad that would do but that seems like getting blood out of a stone

Status
Not open for further replies.