Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
That will not last...if they continue to under perform year after year it will slowly but surely change...the only way they can now attract top players is by paying crazy wages for them...that will eventually put them into trouble as I don't see them playing champions league football for a number of years. The United brand is damaged unless they get new owners of course...
Even before the advent of the PL they were the wealthiest club.
When they hadn’t won a title for 25 years they still paid the highest wages and attracted the top players.
I doubt they will suffer financially anytime soon regardless of their current travails.
They are copper bottomed.

Is it, though? Three games against mediocre opposition and zero clean sheets. Tarkowski had a shocker yesterday and against better opposition would have cost us two goals.

None of the goals have been directly attributable to Coady or Tarkowsi. I also think even taking into account Tarkowski's mistakes the play out from the back is substantially better. Mina and Keane are far too slow on the ball.

None of the goals have been directly attributable to Coady or Tarkowsi. I also think even taking into account Tarkowski's mistakes the play out from the back is substantially better. Mina and Keane are far too slow on the ball.
I'm not saying it's worse, I'm even acknowledging that it could be better, it isn't fantastically better so far, however. I think Paterson, Coady and Holgate look very comfortable in a back five, Tarkowski I'm not sure yet whether it is a system that suits him or not, I'm not sure how much he's played it before, not much I don't think, and Mykolenko is definitely not suited to a wing back role.

What I'm definitely saying is that our defence is definitely not good enough to compensate for an almost complete absence of cutting edge up front and that when a player has a bad game, as Tarkowski decidedly did yesterday, it is fair game for supporters to comment on.

Even before the advent of the PL they were the wealthiest club.
When they hadn’t won a title for 25 years they still paid the highest wages and attracted the top players.
I doubt they will suffer financially anytime soon regardless of their current travails.
They are copper bottomed.
Yup, United's wage bill is as good as guaranteed to be among the very highest in the PL for the next decade or two. The only way they will not is if we have more Man City type takeovers and the Glazers refuse to sell.

I'm not saying it's worse, I'm even acknowledging that it could be better, it isn't fantastically better so far, however. I think Paterson, Coady and Holgate look very comfortable in a back five, Tarkowski I'm not sure yet whether it is a system that suits him or not, I'm not sure how much he's played it before, not much I don't think, and Mykolenko is definitely not suited to a wing back role.

What I'm definitely saying is that our defence is definitely not good enough to compensate for an almost complete absence of cutting edge up front and that when a player has a bad game, as Tarkowski decidedly did yesterday, it is fair game for supporters to comment on.

Sure, Tawkowski isn't automatically crap though after one game. Keane's scored about 5 own goals and been rubbish for years. So he deserves it. (is my view)

Also we have only conceded once in two of those games and against Villa we only conceded when we opened up in the last part of the match. No striker is killing us I would back us to get one or two per game at least if we had forwards that's draws/wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.