2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is staying, for me he does not need a new contract considering he has years to go on one he has, we have to stop giving new contracts to players, with years left on current contracts based of one ok season

His agent is probably going to ask for one. He's probably not on close to the wages of other first team starters

I'm relaxed about this one, or at least I was. I'd love Gordon to stay, truly would, but the thought of these 50/60m guesses floating around does soften the blow if in any way true.

Sadly I fear we are not in control here, and if Chelsea manage to bag a striker by Thursday then Gordon will be gone on transfer deadline day for an undisclosed fee plus Broja/another. I'm convinced this is the outcome.

His agent is probably going to ask for one. He's probably not on close to the wages of other first team starters
It depends on whether he wants to stay. Extending gives the club a lot of leverage in the next three summer windows. Taking the lesser wage for a year puts the club in a position where they have to sell if he won't extend.

We'll know soon enough.

It depends on whether he wants to stay. Extending gives the club a lot of leverage in the next three summer windows. Taking the lesser wage for a year puts the club in a position where they have to sell if he won't extend.

We'll know soon enough.

Agents usually go for the cake and eat it approach though. They will want a better contract but still push for a move next year quite possibly

Anyway, that's for another time. I would be very upset if we sold him now at this point. We should have set a clear deadline or increased prices for every day that passes. If we sell at this point, there is no way we can properly replace him and that means a relegation battle at best, or actual relegation at worst.

I'm relaxed about this one, or at least I was. I'd love Gordon to stay, truly would, but the thought of these 50/60m guesses floating around does soften the blow if in any way true.

Sadly I fear we are not in control here, and if Chelsea manage to bag a striker by Thursday then Gordon will be gone on transfer deadline day for an undisclosed fee plus Broja/another. I'm convinced this is the outcome.
Lampard was strident in declaring a ‘red line’ and personally I think it’s already past.
After all a red line on transfer deadline day isn’t really a red line.
He stays,

Status
Not open for further replies.