Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally I'd be very concerned about signing a player who was willing to down tools in order to force a move from the club we'd be signing him from. But in this particular case, if it really is true that we had a deal with Ajax already agreed, and they pulled it out from under us (and him) at the last minute over something that wasn't directly related to the deal itself (the potential Antony sale), then it's hard to blame him too much here. He'd surely feel like Ajax has really screwed him over, especially given that they've only been giving him cameos off the bench, and it's a World Cup year.

With Gana and Garner hypothetically locked in, where would Kudus fit in?
I don't really have the answer although one could argue that we need a squad, which means strength in depth. Last night showed that our bench isn't favoured.

It's going to be a long and intense season, so we need to ensure that there's options across key positions.

I see Forest have bid for Josh Bowler - Blackpool want 4m as he's in the last year of his contract. I've been at a few of there games this season and he's been the best player on the pitch by far each time. Might be one we regret letting go in a few years..
Forest are being rediculous with all these signings what they at now like 19?

So question to you all: Gana, Garner and possibly this lad from Villareal. What else do we need ? Just an attacking midfielder ? Are we well stocked up front then ? Ideally Kudus for me as he can cover more positions than attacking midfield. I still expect us to try for Gallagher though. come on get it all done please !!!
We have 1 fit forward at present, if Rondon goes we have 1 fit forward plus 1 injury hit player, most teams go with 4 forwards so no we are not well stocked for forwards , cant believe were being linked with more mid fielders and no forwards , scoring is going to be a major issue this season if we dont sort it

I see Forest have bid for Josh Bowler - Blackpool want 4m as he's in the last year of his contract. I've been at a few of there games this season and he's been the best player on the pitch by far each time. Might be one we regret letting go in a few years..
Are they aiming to have a different team for every game this season? He'd be mad to go there as no chance he plays regularly!

Status
Not open for further replies.