Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The name of the game for most clubs these days mate. The trick is to identify the young talent, nurture it and sell at a profit. I'd much sooner go back to the days of John Moores and the jersey millionaires, but, realistically, there are only a handful of clubs worldwide who can afford not to sell sometimes when the big offer comes in. Go with the flow, if the boy forces a transfer from Ajax and Lampard and Thelwell rate him, great. We just have to accept that In a few years he may be doing the same to us. If so, we just have to suck it up and get the most inflated fee for him we possibly can.
Agree mate. Eventually you’ve got to remember money talks.

I just wouldn’t want this new found push for team spirit & togetherness to be upset however far down the line it is!

Chukwueze, Joao Pedro, Garner & Gueye please ?
Surly we won’t sign all of these. Gueye is 10m reportedly, Garner 15m, however will probably be spread over some years.

Chukwueze and Pedro? I can’t see both. However if it was between the two it would be Pedro for me. But let’s see. I don’t know where we are getting the money from? Or maybe because Dele has gone we can write off the 30/40m that we was supposed to pay Spurs over the years….

No doubt our bench was dire. It's a great pickup for the club.

My concern is that he'll end up tossing the toys out of the pram here if we can't find a way to make use of him, other than the last five or ten minutes of a game. If he's coming on after Onana is gassed and we then quit sitting back and get after it, that would be good. Will it keep him motivated?

I think he will start a lot tbh.

I cant see Gueye having the same role as he had 3-4 seasons ago now he's 32.

Kudus must have been given some assurances.

Surly we won’t sign all of these. Gueye is 10m reportedly, Garner 15m, however will probably be spread over some years.

Chukwueze and Pedro? I can’t see both. However if it was between the two it would be Pedro for me. But let’s see. I don’t know where we are getting the money from? Or maybe because Dele has gone we can write off the 30/40m that we was supposed to pay Spurs over the years….

I seen reports he's only 2m. No chance we pay 10m for a 32 year on that was allowed to leave on a free.

Obviously it’s down the line but imagine being able to go from a midfield of Davies, Allan and Doucoure last season to a midfield of Onana, Gana and Iwobi this season and then to a midfield of Onana, Garner and Kudus in 2 years after they develop. That’s mouth watering stuff compared to what we’ve had for years at this point. Finally feels like the club has some sort of plan.

All that’s needed is a forward and we’ll have a properly complete squad. By the sounds of it we’ll have the ability for 2 more loans, I think we should be utilising them. If we can get Chukwueze or someone like him with a loan with obligation to buy then we’ll be sorted. Bare in mind if we can structure a deal like that then we should be able to spend basically €30m on it because it’d be completely effectively the same day that Kean’s permanent move to Juve will be, there’ll be no loss on our books.

Status
Not open for further replies.