Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really have the answer although one could argue that we need a squad, which means strength in depth. Last night showed that our bench isn't favoured.

It's going to be a long and intense season, so we need to ensure that there's options across key positions.
Yup, agreed 100%
Was just thinking that play time is a big part of him pushing from Ajax and with Gana, Iwobi and Onana making a strong case of a midfield 3, with Garner to be added to that - I wonder where Kudus may force his way in. I see he could play higher up the pitch a wide attacking midfielder but we’re clearly targeting a big winger and with Gordon on the other side, just trying to imagine it all working in harmony

If true Swerve, dont need such characters. he will do the same here if he is a success and someone comes calling next summer.
Normally I would agree........if he was being played. The lad is on the bench nowadays and getting very little game time so wants to transfer out and play elsewhere. Ajax are refusing so he sees himself as a bench warmer for the near future. Like I said if he was playing regular it is doubtful he would take this course of action.

Tbf mate Ajax effectively signalled to him how to get his move with the way the dealt with the Antony situation.

Got the feeling this was their plan all along in both, pretty sure both will lose the loyalty bonus so saves Ajax a lot of money that

…it’s a good point, the player loses his 10% by requesting a move. I suppose the only issue for Ajax is that it sets a precedent for others to down tools in the future.

No doubt our bench was dire. It's a great pickup for the club.

My concern is that he'll end up tossing the toys out of the pram here if we can't find a way to make use of him, other than the last five or ten minutes of a game. If he's coming on after Onana is gassed and we then quit sitting back and get after it, that would be good. Will it keep him motivated?
If he comes its up to him to prove he's worth a starting position, that's what we need competition, earn the shirt keep the shirt for a change

…it’s a good point, the player loses his 10% by requesting a move. I suppose the only issue for Ajax is that it sets a precedent for others to down tools in the future.
does the kid play? I was just reading that he doesn't get game time and that he was told that he could move. I don't condone a player downing tools but it does look like the boy's been stitched up. Might be wrong.

Normally I would agree........if he was being played. The lad is on the bench nowadays and getting very little game time so wants to transfer out and play elsewhere. Ajax are refusing so he sees himself as a bench warmer for the near future. Like I said if he was playing regular it is doubtful he would take this course of action.

I'd rather we sign players that want to play as high up as they can and have clubs that want them enough that they are in a position to try and force their owners hands.

That's the kind of player that turns a profit e.g. Stones and Lukaku. So whilst it shows his loyalty is lacking, it shows his drive and ambition are high. Which is actually more important in modern football.

There's probably an argument to be had on whether that's a good thing. But I think that's where we are at right now.

I dont like that attitude.

Swerve.
Dunno Dave the lad wants to play - was given assurances about his role, gets an injury and when he returned they moved an academy lad ahead of him and basically he's not getting a look in at starting - way different to want to move to play games then wanting to move to play CL/big wages imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.