Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
15DB2922-6642-455B-86CE-EE2E4FEE3AA2.jpeg

They haven't cancelled any important operations, such as ones that involve life threatening problems, nobody vulnerable is suffering
This is simply not true. Part of my work is with a very large hospital trust and emergency surgeries may not have been cancelled but critical "elective" surgeries that can prolong and in many cases save lives have most certainly been cancelled. Furthermore, screening for cancer in patients with first phase presumptive diagnoses have been delayed, in some cases for over a month, which can result in development of the cancer up the staging scale which, depending on the type of cancer, can substantially decrease the prognostic indicators for those patients. People will die so that surgeons, anaesthetists, theatre nurses etc.. who don't give a damn about a rich old lady dying can have a day of "reflection". It's shameful.

You know this how?

Any operation cancelled would have been important to someone.

The country is on its knees, people are on their knees, since Austerity in 2008, we have had no grace period lurching from financial crisis to yet another financial crisis, people are sick of it, yet here we are spending untold millions on a family who could well afford to fund the whole thing themselves and not even break into a sweat.

By all means show respect for her passing but the rest of it is absolute theatre, performative grief on full display, ghouls following flight radar to see where the coffin is.

The country needs financial stability and support, not using this as an outlet of some ridiculous faux homage to a family that give no seconded thought to you or I!
It's not true. He is an idiot.

Remembering our greatest ever manager is cringe? Oh dear.

How can chanting the name of one of our best ever players and most successful manager be cringe - especially when we were made to play on the day he sadly passed ?
I'd far rather we honour his memory !!

When people who want to show their appreciation to the queen, whether you agree or not, is totally wrong and exactly like them lot signing YNWA during a minutes remembrance.

YOU need to remember this isn't about how you perceive the monarchy (I'm no fan either) - but people did like her, and I think people who died serving the country for her, deserve some respect during this time.

When people who want to show their appreciation to the queen, whether you agree or not, is totally wrong and exactly like them lot signing YNWA during a minutes remembrance.

YOU need to remember this isn't about how you perceive the monarchy (I'm no fan either) - but people did like her, and I think people who died serving the country for her, deserve some respect during this time.

But there are already 2 moments of remembrance for the Queen. That's more than enough. Shes getting preferential treatment over true greats, and greats of Everton football club. That's unpalatable. And I dont care who likes her, if they think shes in any way comparable to Kendall, Ball, Dean etc they're completely wrong.

thats what the minutes silence is for, theres no need to sing the anthem or clap on 70 minutes, just absolute nonsense and whoever suggested it should be fired.

People can, will and should have their own opinions. The fact is, a great deal of people had a great respect for the queen, if not necessarily the wider royal family. Their wishes should be respected. If you don't agree, fine. Stay in your seat or in the concourse, that's your right, but please don't boo. Uphold this (once) great clubs standards of decency and keep your gob shut. Thanks.

Boo the anthem, not the silence

Think that’s a fine stance
Either way, if you are easily offended, here is some news, a football match as a fan is the place to be triggered. Be it a crowd chant or random shout out, which can be entirely inappropriate but very funny.

Still feel for that Hull fan, who was giving it bifters to park end until someone shouted "alright Chadrack get back to the woolback you scruffy looking nonce". The Park fell about laughing at him as he shuffled away not to be seen or heard again.

Just on TV, a young woman (employee of a TV company) queued for nine hours overnight to walk past a box covered in a flag that may or may not be occupied. Apparently it was a spiritual experience, always wondered how people could be sold the Brooklyn Bridge.

If you took a poll of people on Merseyside who want the royal family you'd be hard pressed to get a majority. That means in a football ground where even less would want them people are having their noses rubbed in an institution they have zero regard for.

And you question whether people should be contemptuous?

Are you from the Home Counties by any chance?

They are being forced to endure it.
Don't be an arse Dave - no I'm not from the Home Counties. I'm Liverpool born and bred.

Contempt - quite a word to use. Signifies dishonour, disgrace. People being 'forced to endure' a minute's silence. We seem to endure that for most other people who we may not have had any regard for in their life. It's called respect.

Now if they insist on playing the national anthem, then that's having our noses rubbed, imho. I disagreed with suspending the fixtures. Others support it for their own reasons. I choose to just get on with my life.

I'm just suggesting balance in response to some very shocking and extreme views on here by a very small number of individuals, who would have anyone who goes along with national mourning as a racist (they're the ones who also argued against taking the knee, apparently) and murderers (they also are denying people life-saving operations).

Just on TV, a young woman (employee of a TV company) queued for nine hours overnight to walk past a box covered in a flag that may or may not be occupied. Apparently it was a spiritual experience, always wondered how people could be sold the Brooklyn Bridge.
Good for her, why don't those who want to mourn Queen go and do something similar, sign a book etc.
Why insist everyone has to sit quite at a match for a minute. I don't want to pay respect to someone I don't know or even respect the institution they headed up.

And all TV has to do is dub/silence over boos, most will be none the wiser. Crickey they even had loudspeakers cranking out cheers for Uncle XI state visit to drown out boos and jeering, it's not beyond them to do something similar dub in silence so not to offend the armchair fan. We all know they do it now to make it more exciting palatable product for home audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.