2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
…I thought Gray was significantly more effective when he came on, it as an interesting contrast.

Gray is abysmal in the main but what makes him far far superior to Mcneil and Gordon in every possible way is

A) he'll at least try and get half a yard on a player
B) puts a cross in
C) gets some shots off

In the main he does the above 3 to varying degrees of crapness but at least he does do them. Gordon and Mcneil are shocking when it comes to the above basics tasks which you'd think for the positions they play, should be an absolute given game after game

That was madness to turn down then wasn’t it. As most people said at the time.
I think the majority in this forum wanted him to stay. 'Without him we're relgated' stuff. The transfer window coincided with him scoring a couple.

Broja and Gallagher possibilities in any deal.

And 10 weeks later, here we are...

The contrast in form from last season to this (bar the month around the transfer window - aka Chelsea shop window) is pretty clear to me.

Also his work rate has taken a nosedive. End of last season Lampard was having to hook him on 65/70 mins almost every game because the lad had run himself into the ground.

Something has changed in since Chelsea's interest and it's affecting performances, attitude and work rate.

2 wrongs don't make a right Catcher so even though the referees were incompetent enough to not show VVD or Mitrovic a red, last nights tackle was a clear red all day every day. It was a potential ankle breaker

Of course mate.

But all you can ask for is consistency. We have had far worse tackles on our lads get a booking. That's the standard.

Who does he think he is?

I suspect hes a young lad who needed a hair cut, and wanted a car. Theres nothing more sinister than that mate.
Mate, if you don’t think he’s comeback with a stick up his own arse then good for you.

The majority of us see a player who has started to believe the hype surrounding him. He had half a decent season and starts talking about wanting the number 10 shirt, wanting to be a striker.

He should learn the game first, because he’s clearly struggling to understand top flight football

The contrast in form from last season to this (bar the month around the transfer window - aka Chelsea shop window) is pretty clear to me.

Also his work rate has taken a nosedive. End of last season Lampard was having to hook him on 65/70 mins almost every game because the lad had run himself into the ground.

Something has changed in since Chelsea's interest and it's affecting performances, attitude and work rate.
Please, don't confuse form with lots of running.

His end product last season was poor.

Absolutely barmy to turn down any serious offer over the summer.

Not only gave we bought badly in recent years, we've missed a trick not selling him.

Mate, if you don’t think he’s comeback with a stick up his own arse then good for you.

The majority of us see a player who has started to believe the hype surrounding him. He had half a decent season and starts talking about wanting the number 10 shirt, wanting to be a striker.

He should learn the game first, because he’s clearly struggling to understand top flight football

Well maybe he has. But it has nothing to do with having a hair cut or buying a car. It's a ridiculous comparison of people putting 2 + 2 together and arriving at 35.

But if people want to be really angry, then sure, having a hair cut you dont like makes a footballer bad.

Don't fully know what's going on with him. Poor performances and flattering to deceive I can put down to a young player struggling in his second full season for the most part, it happens. Stuff like looking gassed after 20 mins or being a yellow card factory are concerning though.

Gray is abysmal in the main but what makes him far far superior to Mcneil and Gordon in every possible way is

A) he'll at least try and get half a yard on a player
B) puts a cross in
C) gets some shots off

In the main he does the above 3 to varying degrees of crapness but at least he does do them. Gordon and Mcneil are shocking when it comes to the above basics tasks which you'd think for the positions they play, should be an absolute given game after game
He’s abysmal, you’re right. A and C, yes, although 1 goal in 14 league games tells you how effective his shooting is.

His crossing is terrible as well - Aaron Lennon had more end product and he was terrible for us.

Being the least worst isn’t good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.