6 + 2 Point Deductions

Deloitte today says our revenue is down to £170m for 22-23
Wonder what our wages are now? It didn’t say.

I'll defo be wrong about some figures here but ballpark I don't think I'll be too far off.

Wages out £k per week:

Kean - 50
Iwobi - 70
Gray - 50
Cannon - 10
Simms - 20
Nkounkou - 10
Begovic - 60
Mina - 120
Davies - 50
Maupay - 50
Townsend - 70
Gbamin - 50

Total - £600k per week -> £31.2m per year

Wages in £k per week:

Beto - 60
Chermitti - 20
Danjuma - 70
Young - 70
Harrison - 50

Total - £270k per week -> £14.0m per year

So our wages should be down around £17m for the year

I imagine Gomes and Alli won't be kept on, nor Lonergan. Got a feeling Harrison will be signed, Danjuma won't. So I make that:

Gomes - 100
Alli - 120
Danjuma - 70
Lonergan - 20

£310k per week -> a further £16.1m to come off the wage bill in summer.

I'll defo be wrong about some figures here but ballpark I don't think I'll be too far off.

Wages out £k per week:

Kean - 50
Iwobi - 70
Gray - 50
Cannon - 10
Simms - 20
Nkounkou - 10
Begovic - 60
Mina - 120
Davies - 50
Maupay - 50
Townsend - 70
Gbamin - 50

Wages in £k per week:

Beto - 60
Chermitti - 20
Danjuma - 70
Young - 70
Harrison - 50

I imagine Gomes and Alli won't be kept on, nor Lonergan. Got a feeling Harrison will be signed, Danjuma won't. So I make that:

Gomes - 100
Alli - 120
Danjuma - 70
Lonergan - 20

The math you did is for the current year, 2023-2024. The reporting period in question is the prior, 2022-2023.

Wages out £k per week:

Kean - 50
Iwobi - 70
Gray - 50
Cannon - 10
Simms - 20
Nkounkou - 10
Begovic - 60
Mina - 120
Davies - 50
Maupay - 50
Townsend - 70
Gbamin - 50

Wages in £k per week:

Beto - 60
Chermitti - 20
Danjuma - 70
Young - 70
Harrison - 50

Gomes - 100
Alli - 120
Danjuma - 70
Lonergan - 20

Tell me Ashley Young is not on £70k a week, please lord.

Jesus Christ, did anyone see the lights we put up around the city. I reckon that’s it now, they will of seen them and they will cancel all these point deductions. They must be crapping themselves.

Is it just me that think these look crap and are utterly pointless?

What’s the point in projecting images onto our own buildings surely they should be on the other clubs grounds and premier league head quarters?
Presumably they can be projected anywhere else in the future too, it’s not a single use thing.

I don’t think they’ll make a difference really but then I’m not sure what would. I think all fans these days feel powerless and some just want to feel like they’re doing something to try and change things, so don’t see the harm.

The math you did is for the current year, 2023-2024. The reporting period in question is the prior, 2022-2023.
You are right. Hopefully though summer 2022 also made a difference with big earners like Allan / Richarlison / Delph / Gylfi / Tosun / Rondon all departing since the last published accounts

The two summers combined should at least have moved the wage bill somewhat in the right direction.

Should of been done against the board last year
The point deduction was an easier thing to get people angry and raise money for this sort of stuff. It costs a lot of money and takes a lot of time out of those guys' days, likely all of them have jobs as well.

People still defend Kenwright now so there was no way you were amassing a demonstration fund of £40k against him, Moshiri and the ex-board.

Watched a vid yesterday where that goldstain on TS was ridiculing an Evertonian for merely suggesting that the whole process was a bit iffy, didn't even say corruption. Made some very good points, got made out to be a tinfoil hat wearing bellwhif.

Darren bent was suspiciously quiet.

Not surprising really seeing as they have prem games on there and goldstain is a southern manc