Relegation 23/24 Thread

Imho no way they sack Hodgson.
They have us and Burnley next two games.

They want a long term manager for the summer.

Who would take that job with no Eze, Olise and Guehi for the best part of six weeks?

Palace played o.k tonight but they're exactly in the rut this club was in 21/22. Key players injured or out of form under a manager no one wants to be there and they're just going week upon week without winning any games.

Simply have to beat them next Monday. I know people are saying it isn't a defining must win and I get that but I look at the 4-5 fixtures after and they are all tricky in their own ways so I'd rather get the first league win of 2024 sooner or later and they have a terrible recent record at Goodison.

I still think he will be left at palace still have abit of a gap from the bottom, he wont be there next seadon just dont think they will get who they want potter/cooper who both imo would want a pre season ect

Cooper is the obvious pick but I can only think they approached him over xmas and he wants a bit of a break as can imagine working for that Greek clown at Forest was a very draining mental experience. Perhaps he might be refreshed by March/April.

Think Potter will be managing West Ham next season, seems an obvious choice.

Imho no way they sack Hodgson.
They have us and Burnley next two games.

They want a long term manager for the summer.

Who would take that job with no Eze, Olise and Guehi for the best part of six weeks?
In the next six games Palace play, Everton, Burnley, Luton and Notts Forest. Whether the decision makers think stick or twist who knows but win two or three of those games and they are close to being safe

We're in a relegation battle even WITH our 10 points back.

'Battle' would be over zealously gloomy of the situation we'd be in. But we'd certainly need to be on guard against complacency until we were mathematically safe.

Obviously this is all in our heads until we know the outcome of the appeal. As it stands we definitely are in a relegation battle.

Hearing the conspiracy theory that when the RS beat Southampton in the Cup, their 6th round tie is due to be played the same day as the derby fixture at GP. The cup tie takes preference so the derby gets postponed. Due to Europa commitments rearranging the derby becomes problematic.
The conspiracy is the PL rearranging that game to the last game of the season which because of relegation for one club and winning the league for another as possibilities, would guarantee massive interest and financial gain for the PL.
I'm saying there's no way they can replace one fixture on the last day of the season with another just for more income, or can they?
You just wonder though.

Hearing the conspiracy theory that when the RS beat Southampton in the Cup, their 6th round tie is due to be played the same day as the derby fixture at GP. The cup tie takes preference so the derby gets postponed. Due to Europa commitments rearranging the derby becomes problematic.
The conspiracy is the PL rearranging that game to the last game of the season which because of relegation for one club and winning the league for another as possibilities, would guarantee massive interest and financial gain for the PL.
I'm saying there's no way they can replace one fixture on the last day of the season with another just for more income, or can they?
You just wonder though.

They can’t arrange it for the last game of the season because we play Arsenal on that day lol