New Everton Stadium Discussion

Why are the Everton letters not perfectly aligned with the centre line of the stadium? This is somewhat upsetting.
Probably because of the wind mitigation features. Shifting it left/west would clash with them. Before Everton Way was announced there was wind mitigation all along that section which they've removed. Suspect they don't want to sacrifice any more.

The value of the land increases when the stadium is built, offsetting the peppercorn rent were paying. Peel never give us the low rent out of the goodness of their hearts.
Thats a matter of opinion. Football matches are very disruptive for anything not directly related to football. There will be certain businesses and residences around there for whom the stadium adversely impacts them.

Thats a matter of opinion. Football matches are very disruptive for anything not directly related to football. There will be certain businesses and residences around there for whom the stadium adversely impacts them.

The value of the land surrounding the stadium will be higher when the stadium is built. One reason is the certainty of it, it is there, its not going to change usage, its not going to just dissappear or no longer be the areas focus of interest. Its why they gave us a peppercorn rent it also uses that area of least potential value for them, the edge of the development, creating a huge barrier between what they want and the industrial section of the working and non-working docklands. For them to have their least valuable plot of land on Liverpool Waters drive up the value of the rest, and potentially speed up the uptake, is somewhat of a boon for them. Not to mention our stadium removing a bit of a nightmare for them with regards UNESCO.

With Kenwright gone, he might well get one and rightly so, best goalkeeper in the World for his time. Should have been brought into the coaching staff when he retired.
Nail on the head. I've watched some wonderful players grace the royal blue jersey, but in my humble opinion Southall sits right at the top of the tree.

The best in his position.

Went past on the Stena ferry this morning.

img_20240214_061236-jpg.245883

IMG_20240214_063155.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20240214_061236.jpg
    IMG_20240214_061236.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
Nail on the head. I've watched some wonderful players grace the royal blue jersey, but in my humble opinion Southall sits right at the top of the tree.

The best in his position.
prime neville would still be one of the best keepers in the modern game could he be transposed into it, 35 years later. Not many outfield players could say the same as the game and certainly fitness/athleticism has moved on.

ETA I meant Neville Southall, not Neville Captain Pointy.

Last edited: