6 + 2 Point Deductions

Tarkowski on 100kpw is the least offensive huge modern wage I’ve heard us pay for a signing. He’s been great for two seasons that we’ve been awful and he’s always fit and available.

This obviously doesn’t include Pickford who earned his raise during his time with us.

Compare him to Bernard, Gomes, Mina, Sigurdsson, Sandro, Bolasie, Williams, Klassen, Rooney, Dele all brought in on mega money. Tarks is a rock.

But the charges were dropped, he'd have taken us to the cleaners in the courts if we'd claimed against him. The only way we could have had a case and won is if he were found guilty.

Yes, absolutely. However, the value awarded to Chelsea was in recognition of the value lost by him being unable to fulfil his contract.

My argument here isn't that we should have sued Player X, but rather that the mitigation should have been considered at a minimum to the value we stated.

Tarkowski on 100kpw is the least offensive huge modern wage I’ve heard us pay for a signing. He’s been great for two seasons that we’ve been awful and he’s always fit and available.

This obviously doesn’t include Pickford who earned his raise during his time with us.

Compare him to Bernard, Gomes, Mina, Sigurdsson, Sandro, Bolasie, Williams, Klassen, Rooney, Dele all brought in on mega money. Tarks is a rock.
Absolutely, no complaints there. Wages on free signings are always a bit inflated but more than justified by the 15-20m probably saved on a fee for a player of his quality. Been absolutely vital for us.

giphy.gif

Absolutely.

You pay your top players the top wage. And the fact Tarko was a free...he gets a pass.

As for the players mentioned....only 1 player should've been on 100k a week...and that was Richy

Thats what i think too. So we couldnt recoup any of his wages or value from him.
The law says he is innocent.

But, the value was still lost regardless. That's our only case. Whether he was found guilty or not makes no odds for our case of mitigation. If he's was innocent and dealt with in the wrong manner by the FA, thats between Player X and the FA as it was them who specified he could not play in FA certified competition.

This is nothing to do with guilt, perceived guilt, whether a case would have been successfull or anything, it's all about valuation of services that were taken from us by an event outside of our control.

When Moshiri says we had to buy a midfielder, would that have been the case had Player X been available? This is the detail that people are forgetting.