6 + 2 Point Deductions

I've just been looking at various pundits predictions for this weekend games, on a variety of sites.
Our story of waiting for the outcome of our points reduction appeal, with all its implications on the relegation issue, has completely disappeared.
The media have forgotten about it or are completely ignoring it.
Wonder why.

What could we have sued Siggurdson for?
whether it is a case of suing someone or a mechanism to terminate the contract, the only thing I can think of with any legs may be under Frustration of Contract, where unforeseen events by either party mean the contract cant be fulfilled. Without looking at it further which I am not doing on a Saturday am, I cant comment whether this was an avenue open to us

Just because we can legally do something though doesnt always mean it is the correct thing to do. No one knew how long it was going to drag on for, he could have been exonerated within a couple of weeks after the arrest so with that hindsight, a FoC may have been premature. Either way, to not consider it as mitigation seems very harsh

I've just been looking at various pundits predictions for this weekend games, on a variety of sites.
Our story of waiting for the outcome of our points reduction appeal, with all its implications on the relegation issue, has completely disappeared.
Wonder why.
Footy journos might just want to report on footy until there's some actual news. That said, I have seen some reports on sports personalities opinions on the matter, including carragher and jagielka

I like this one. So either in capacity as paid external advisor, or external auditor, or employee within the finance department of the club (which would all be subject to confidentiality requirements either through engagement or employment contracts), you are present in a meeting discussing the minutia of Everton’s accounting policies under International Accounting Standards, which affects unaudited and currently non-public statutory accounts. And then you go and immediately splat this confidential information all over the internet. A little risqué 🤔

It’s like Embarrassing Bodies. Makes me feel sick but I can’t look away.

For getting suspended by the FA, meaning he couldn’t play football for us, but we still had to pay his £100k+ a week wages.

Not that I believe we should have sued him like. I’m just saying it wouldn’t have been groundless.

In hindsight we were probably right not to… if I’m not mistaken charges against him have been dropped?

So he probably would have been in his rights to counter-sue us for the money back.

In hindsight we were probably right not to… if I’m not mistaken charges against him have been dropped?

So he probably would have been in his rights to counter-sue us for the money back.
Yeah this is probably correct tbf.

But if the FA suspended him without any prosecution would we then be able to counter-sue them for his counter-sue when his charges were dropped?

It’s all a bit of a shitshow really.

For getting suspended by the FA, meaning he couldn’t play football for us, but we still had to pay his £100k+ a week wages.

Not that I believe we should have sued him like. I’m just saying it wouldn’t have been groundless.
Luckily we didn't or when the charges were dropped he would have claimed back and more.... and we'd have been trying to defend that with the commission saying that we shouldn't have sued him untill after a verdict against him.

have a nasty feeling the point deduction will stay same.
they will announce after the live game so no televised protests
Nah. We get AT LEAST 4or 5 back.
There were mitigating factors they ignored.
There were aggravating factors they greatly over stressed.
Then forest get a few docked.
We’re out of any trouble at all on the pitch.
Then all we have to worry about is 777.

Wonder why.
Because it's Saturday and they are more interested in writing about actual football games?