6 + 2 Point Deductions

Normally if you plead guilty to a charge you get leniency/reduced sentence, as far as i’m aware no other club (apart from ourselves) have pleaded guilty to ffp charges so surely we should expect other teams around us to be hit with some pretty harsh punishments…?
My understanding is that the original panel disallowed certain expenses ( such as loan interest) which if capitalised would have brought under the allowed threshold.

I think these are what the KC is bringing to the appeal. It may not be a reopening of the original decision but an acceptance that these expenses which certainly could be capitalised but were not allowed resulted in a completely unfair points deduction. The panel can choose to agree or disagree.

My guess is that if the result goes against Everton they have recourse to the courts who then have to decide if Everton were correct in what they claim, this would lead to the whole process being laid aside.

But, this is me guessing, I really don't know and don't think any of us do.

I can't believe I have been forced to bring this one back.

Screenshot_2.png

The longer the delay, the better for us I think. If we were getting nothing back, they would have wrapped that up quickly and made the announcement. The longer this delay is, the better the outcome. It does the PL no good to keep waiting to announce the appeal. I don't know the mechanics behind the appeal process after both sides have given their side, but I am imagining that the appeal board has given us a favorable decision and the PL is asking questions about it, trying to reverse it (which completely defeats the purpose of an independent panel), or the PL is seeking outside counsel on what may happen if the decision is not favorable and what may happen if Everton take this to court.