6 + 2 Point Deductions

groundhog day.png

The 2nd case isn’t advancing at pace. Nothing has happened with it because they have to wait for the outcome of the first charge before advancing it. All that’s happened so far is they have had our accounts and said we have breached.
The idea to fast track these cases is one of the most farcical things I've ever seen in sport. It's completely impractical, and it's completely unfair since clubs with more charges won't have their cases heard for another year or more.

And the idea of having two points deductions for a single season, even though any breaches would impact different periods, is completely unfair too.

This process has been a complete joke and I don't understand why we would want to defend it.

We entered an appeal towards the end of November. 3 months is far far too long to wait for a final verdict.
The second case has to be moving forward. The process of hearing may well be a week or so off but the second commission aren’t bound by any previous IC outcome. Strange I agree but that’s a fact.
Fast track only applies to PSR charges multiple charges such as Cities aren’t under the same section as Everton’s and Nottingham Forests
The PL wanted the hearing of the first of Everton’s charges in the 22/23 season but Everton objected and the IC sided with the club. The consequences of that is now evident in terms of potentially two points deductions in one season

For the record I think the punishment has been excessive. Clubs have broken various forms of P&S and FFP for years now. Clubs in Europe and Leicester in the championship. It's been a fine or a transfer ban at best. We've essentially had a sporting penalty, fine due to league placings and we can't really operate in the transfer market any more. Unless it's selling on the cheap to the likes of spurs and to a completely different transfer deadline to that of the sky 6.

Notwithstanding the above. The whole process has been farcical. We should have been punished last season for the first charge. Why did it take until November? Why is it that Luton are the team who are standing to benefit from our penalty when the teams we supposedly cheated against were the likes of Leicester (although they stated we didn't have a sporting advantage so why the points deduction?!?). There's so many gaping holes in the process and in the penalty it's laughable.

I know we're run awfully, but they should have had a set procedure, deadlines and set punishment before sarting this circus. If they had all that in place and we broke the rules them fair enough. They didn't though and have made it up as they go along.

The second case has to be moving forward. The process of hearing may well be a week or so off but the second commission aren’t bound by any previous IC outcome. Strange I agree but that’s a fact.
Fast track only applies to PSR charges multiple charges such as Cities aren’t under the same section as Everton’s and Nottingham Forests
The PL wanted the hearing of the first of Everton’s charges in the 22/23 season but Everton objected and the IC sided with the club. The consequences of that is now evident in terms of potentially two points deductions in one season
Let's hope Silky launches into that second hearing all guns blazing, and smacks them all with his brief case, before demanding a billion pounds in compensation.

If you start with the date accounts have to be with the PL that was advanced from 31/3 to 31/12. Then the PL have to notify clubs of charges by 15/1 then the commission has to announce its decision within 12 weeks . Any appeal has to be announced within 14 days with the full appeals process has to be completed by 24/5.

They will of course still every word but the first charge didn’t have the deadlines that now are I place.
Oh right. I guess the deadline setter was off work when we appealed the first decision then?

For the record I think the punishment has been excessive. Clubs have broken various forms of P&S and FFP for years now. Clubs in Europe and Leicester in the championship. It's been a fine or a transfer ban at best. We've essentially had a sporting penalty, fine due to league placings and we can't really operate in the transfer market any more. Unless it's selling on the cheap to the likes of spurs and to a completely different transfer deadline to that of the sky 6.

Notwithstanding the above. The whole process has been farcical. We should have been punished last season for the first charge. Why did it take until November? Why is it that Luton are the team who are standing to benefit from our penalty when the teams we supposedly cheated against were the likes of Leicester (although they stated we didn't have a sporting advantage so why the points deduction?!?). There's so many gaping holes in the process and in the penalty it's laughable.

I know we're run awfully, but they should have had a set procedure, deadlines and set punishment before sarting this circus. If they had all that in place and we broke the rules them fair enough. They didn't though and have made it up as they go along.
I haven’t seen it written anywhere but it was a rumour that the PL clubs didn’t want a set tariff akin to the EFL because they didn't want the same sort of levels of sanctions that the EFL have and even they don’t enforce the rules consistently

Stop with the sporting advantage. That's literally the opposite of what they said.

Oh right. I guess the deadline setter was off work when we appealed the first decision then?
In the prior process there wasn’t an end date by which an appeal has to be concluded only the requirement that any appeal is lodged within 14 days of the outcome of the ICs hearing being published

I understand there are practical reasons for this, but it is absolutely not fair in any way.

It makes no logical sense for those with less charges to have their hearings, and then possibly punishments fast tracked. No one can honestly argue that is fair and good for sport.

And there is no argument that makes a double penalty fair for the same season. And the idea there can be an inconsistent approach to punishments, because there are different panels each time, is also clearly not fair.

I understand there are practical reasons for this, but it is absolutely not fair in any way.

It makes no logical sense for those with less charges to have their hearings, and then possibly punishments fast tracked. No one can honestly argue that is fair and good for sport.

And there is no argument that makes a double penalty fair for the same season. And the idea there can be an inconsistent approach to punishments, because there are different panels each time, is also clearly not fair.
Unfortunately there is someone who's prepared to argue that point... Everyone's favourite DickMasters.