David Moyes

Little clip on the overlap with Rooney pretty much confirming what most think about Moyes at Utd, there were senior players there that pretty much made it impossible to succeed and just showed a basic lack of respect. Having heard rio ferdinand chat on the topic you can tell he was likely a ringleader in this.

Not saying Moyes had it in him to be Utd manager at the time, but there was certainly some really poor responses from so called pros.
The one I heard was giggs. And look what a twit* it turned out he is for a lifetime.

I think we have got increasing worse since he left us. Best manager we have had in 20 years
Easily. My favourite teams to watch in my memory as an Everton fan were the season we had Kanchelskis and Martinez first season in charge. The latter really was built on Moyes team with a bit better firepower.

Moyes was consistent and had us punching above our weight but never troubling the big boys really. Sad indictment of where the club has been at for the last 30 plus years. But no doubt he’s a good manager. He’s just not cut out for massive clubs like someone like Ancelotti is.

Easily. My favourite teams to watch in my memory as an Everton fan were the season we had Kanchelskis and Martinez first season in charge. The latter really was built on Moyes team with a bit better firepower.

Moyes was consistent and had us punching above our weight but never troubling the big boys really. Sad indictment of where the club has been at for the last 30 plus years. But no doubt he’s a good manager. He’s just not cut out for massive clubs like someone like Ancelotti is.
It's a helluva player that tries to give Carlo attitude about career title successes. Yeesh!

Hello and I appreciate being allowed on to your site.

I have a question. Apologies if others have asked before. But after a while, did you get tired of Moyes' tactics, stubborn-ness and the standard of football under him ?

You'll be aware of the divide it's causing amongst us West Ham fans. True, he won us a trophy but with the exception of Fiorentina in the final, in which we were very lucky, the standard of opposition was average at best.

My own view is that he's sucking the life out of us. As for the 'be careful what you wish for' and 'safe pair of hands' spouted out by his mates in the media, I don't buy into it.

Thanks in advance and good luck for the rest of the season.

Welcome mate.

Fully understand your current frustration with Moyes.

Initially he galvanized us, made some good signings, and things looked promising.

He could never take us that extra yard, and gradually it all went sour.

If he had not won that final for you, I think he would be gone by now.

Hope better day's ahead for you ( post Moyes)

Little clip on the overlap with Rooney pretty much confirming what most think about Moyes at Utd, there were senior players there that pretty much made it impossible to succeed and just showed a basic lack of respect. Having heard rio ferdinand chat on the topic you can tell he was likely a ringleader in this.

Not saying Moyes had it in him to be Utd manager at the time, but there was certainly some really poor responses from so called pros.
To be fair I think a lot of the squad gave him the benefit of the doubt when he came in. He was Fergie's "Chosen One" after all.

But he seemed like he was more concerned with the opposition and countering that rather than imposing their strength on a game. I think that mentality got tiresome for a lot of the squad quite quickly. Once players get it into their head, rightly or wrongly, that a manager is a poor fit then it's always going wrong.

Professional or not they'd long been in a culture where the absolute best was demanded from everyone. Whether it's a kid filling a bib for training routines or the bloke in charge - if they're not good enough nobody is making excuses for them, and even if they're good enough they're getting hammered for every little dip.

As a club I reckon they'd kill for a bit of that so called professionalism in and around the place right now.

To be fair I think a lot of the squad gave him the benefit of the doubt when he came in. He was Fergie's "Chosen One" after all.

But he seemed like he was more concerned with the opposition and countering that rather than imposing their strength on a game. I think that mentality got tiresome for a lot of the squad quite quickly. Once players get it into their head, rightly or wrongly, that a manager is a poor fit then it's always going wrong.

Professional or not they'd long been in a culture where the absolute best was demanded from everyone. Whether it's a kid filling a bib for training routines or the bloke in charge - if they're not good enough nobody is making excuses for them, and even if they're good enough they're getting hammered for every little dip.

As a club I reckon they'd kill for a bit of that so called professionalism in and around the place right now.
I would disagree right there, the impression Rooney gives and is confirmed by Neville and Keane from what they have heard is that they never gave him a chance and he was undermined from the start by senior pro's, its poor from them and they should have gotten over themselves and tried to make it a success.

I would disagree right there, the impression Rooney gives and is confirmed by Neville and Keane from what they have heard is that they never gave him a chance and he was undermined from the start by senior pro's, its poor from them and they should have gotten over themselves and tried to make it a success.
Ah right - I've not heard that so can't argue much against it. I do recall an interview with one of those (that's how vague my memory is) being around how he couldn't make the switch from that underdog mentality.

Ah right - I've not heard that so can't argue much against it. I do recall an interview with one of those (that's how vague my memory is) being around how he couldn't make the switch from that underdog mentality.
He probably couldn't shift that and I don't think he was ever going to be a success there, just thought it was really poor form from the Utd pro's.

That one of the often repeated comments that I simply can’t agree with.
Through his time at the club pretty sure we averaged the 7th best payers / highest wages in the league, which is about where we averaged table wise
Yes there was a couple higher finishes, but that sort of terminology is right up there with knife to gun fight, shopping in the bargain basement and all those other tropes he used to acclimatise us to his ‘over achievements’
He had decent squads, on decent wages doing a decent job imho.

I do wonder what he might have done if he could have called on Arteta,Jakielka,Yakubu and Andy Johnson without their injuries.

The seasons 2008-10 were badly affected but we will never know whether he could have thrown off his cautious attitude if they had been available more regularly.

Too many windows that he was never supported, so the squad got stale and the famous ‘We’ll go with what we’ve got’ was penned.

The fact that no manager since has got near him with more money to spend speaks volumes.

Hello and I appreciate being allowed on to your site.

I have a question. Apologies if others have asked before. But after a while, did you get tired of Moyes' tactics, stubborn-ness and the standard of football under him ?

You'll be aware of the divide it's causing amongst us West Ham fans. True, he won us a trophy but with the exception of Fiorentina in the final, in which we were very lucky, the standard of opposition was average at best.

My own view is that he's sucking the life out of us. As for the 'be careful what you wish for' and 'safe pair of hands' spouted out by his mates in the media, I don't buy into it.

Thanks in advance and good luck for the rest of the season.
By the end he’d stopped trying to win and was in full “manage expectations” mode

It all just got a bit boring

Too many windows that he was never supported, so the squad got stale and the famous ‘We’ll go with what we’ve got’ was penned.

The fact that no manager since has got near him with more money to spend speaks volumes.
Personally think it says less about him and more about the exceptionally poor recruitment of managers and players since.