2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

At home Dyche has to go 442 - BETO & DCL a win v Palave on Monday & that result today would have been surffice- our home firm is abysmal - DCL was so isolated today held the ball up that disappeared when Beto came on inviting pressure- Doucs or Macniel should have gone off then...

At home Dyche has to go 442 - BETO & DCL a win v Palave on Monday & that result today would have been surffice- our home firm is abysmal - DCL was so isolated today held the ball up that disappeared when Beto came on inviting pressure- Doucs or Macniel should have gone off then...
We should never ever play 442 with Beto and DCL

The two times we have tried it for prolonged periods in games has been some of the worst football I've ever seen at top flight level. The Luton games were absolutely abysmal with a 442 system. We just started hoofing it even more than normal like a Sunday league team

The two times we have tried it for prolonged periods in games has been some of the worst football I've ever seen at top flight level. The Luton games were absolutely abysmal with a 442 system. We just started hoofing it even more than normal like a Sunday league team
They were actually decent against Palace imo.

We play 442 anyway. Doucoure is only a midfielder in name.

We were playing 10 men - plus it proves if we score one that's how many chances DCL gets in a average game it's not enough !

We were playing 10 men - plus it proves if we score one that's how many chances DCL gets in a average game it's not enough !
We should have been far more aggressive today against 10 men but you don't need 442 to do that. You need players to get on the ball and look to make runs up the field.

Instead we tried and failed to park the bus.

I find the lack of ambition to go and win winnable games extremely tiring at this point. Its not a Dyche thing either by any means, its been my experience of following Everton my entire life. They just don't have that winning mentality and don't ever show a ruthless streak.

Dom is a hard working player but I'm not sure his style of play benefits from being isolated up top alone. He needs a foil like most of our functional forward line ups throughout our history.

Going to need some disinfectant in here later.