2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Talking about today's game .

Even today’s game. World class strikers wouldn’t miss the two opportunities that Beto had… the one on one with the keeper that was ballooned over the bar, and he should have been getting on the end of a peach of a cross from Garner.

My overall point: it’s not true that world class strikers would be just as crap as Beto and DCL in this Everton side.

He looked like he’d had enough when he came off today.
Can imagine he’s frustrated and thinking back to how effective he was under Carlo when his principal roll was to stay between the lines of the goal area and slot.
Compare that to now being the target of hoof ball and hold up (despite no one being anywhere near him while Doucoure was out)
Doesn’t excuse his drought as he has had a few gilt edged chances but he’s always needed more chances (in better positions for him) than he’s getting now.

We should have been far more aggressive today against 10 men but you don't need 442 to do that. You need players to get on the ball and look to make runs up the field.

Instead we tried and failed to park the bus.

I find the lack of ambition to go and win winnable games extremely tiring at this point. Its not a Dyche thing either by any means, its been my experience of following Everton my entire life. They just don't have that winning mentality and don't ever show a ruthless streak.
Ashley Cole coming fetched it back to 10 v 10 - we needed to go on the offensive DCL his hold-up play was missing - posters on here just don't realise the importance of that hold up play- he wentnoff & we had no way out - Beto is not in his class for holding the ball up

He's better than what he's showing. He's absolutely crapping himself when the ball comes near him and for reason alone he should be dropped.

It's absolutely pathetic to be playing your main striker for 21 games when he's not scoring.
Getting fingered by @Goat! Ta mate! It's been a while since anyone's touched me intimately like that! 😘💋

He hasn't been the same since he's came back from injury. I can't speculate but maybe he's scared of getting sidelined again?

Getting fingered by @Goat! Ta mate! It's been a while since anyone's touched me intimately like that! 😘💋

He hasn't been the same since he's came back from injury. I can't speculate but maybe he's scared of getting sidelined again?

Nah mate it's simply confidence.

It's embarrassing for a striker to be going that many games without a goal. He'll know his teammates will be questioning him, the fanbase questioning him, his peers looking at that record and thinking its embarrassing.

He needs to be dropped because the things he does do well when he's not scoring - working the centre halves, working the channels, occupying defenders, a nuisance in the air....he simply isn't doing it enough. He's not working hard enough and he's hiding in certain situations and not reacting to loose balls, little things that chances can come from.

Dom is a hard working player but I'm not sure his style of play benefits from being isolated up top alone. He needs a foil like most of our functional forward line ups throughout our history.

Going to need some disinfectant in here later.
Most the squad are hard working but unfortunately more than effort is required, just not very good footballers or at least the level needed for premier league football.