2023/24 Sean Dyche

The choice is simple...

Stick with Dyche and go down.

Or

Change manager and hope for a manager bounce to keep us up.

As to who, that all depends on what type of coach Thelwell wants to work with and what type of style he sees he is implementing at the club, but for me it has to be someone with an attacking & high press mentality or a proven winner not the dogs dregs like Benitez, Lampard or Dyche.
On the first hand, I think he was the right appointment in the situation of 1/2023, but the mistake was to give him a contract till 2025 on high wage (still a lot of sacking fee) in our financial situation that won't allow us to change at the moment probably.

This squad is made for pressing football rather than possession-based style, I posted about a candidate from Osasuna earlier this week, that would fill that profile. We shouldn't sacrifice our mostly good defense, but definitely need someone to get out more of the attack.

But this was his response to a question about goalscoring.

If you have one striker not scoring, fine.

If your whole team isn’t scoring, it’s not on the players.

It’s on the coaching.

The problem isn't chance creation though mate that is tactical, the problem is finishing. All the stats point to it.

To my mind finishing is quality. We should have had five again there today.

IMG_8211.jpeg

The problem isn't chance creation though mate that is tactical, the problem is finishing. All the stats point to it.

To my mind finishing is quality. We should have had five again there today.
I agree it’s on the finishing.

Dyche said he didn’t think they need a striking coach.

I think that blindness is the issue.

Pretty sure this fella is going to take us down this season. We have 10 games left and have just lost the previous 10. We cannot pass, cannot score and cannot defend. We just like to make ourselves think that we are in safe hands because we have Dyche but the last 3 months have proven that this is not the case at all. We have been in the worst hands since Mike Walker.

10 games left and my only hope is that Forest get a hefty point deduction and we get let off. Really grim times once again.