6 + 2 Point Deductions

Well they're not going to publicly state it as they would be dead in the water. You've only got to look at Masters in the parliamentary select committee meeting to see not only is it full of holes but the punishment was sham. How can you get to a stage where a club can get 10 points deducted for a 19m overspend and 9 points for going to the wall and bust. it just dosent sit well that the PL have even gone down this road to a system they will now champion as fair that Everton wouldnt have breached under. If they had thought their PSR was ok they wouldnt have even put it to the vote to change.
Of course they haven’t and that’s my point.

I don’t disagree with your point about the sanction but I think a lot more calculations would need to be undertaken once the new process is agreed to establish would it have been beneficial to Everton and Notts Forest come to that any club.

1) It’s not the PL management that makes the decisions it’s the shareholders ( namely the clubs ).

2) The question would be were Forest and Everton singled out or for 22/23 for both and 21/22 as well for Everton were the rules only applied to two clubs or were all clubs treated the same ?

3) Have the PL management actually said anything at all about the wholes within PSR? The IC haven’t really although we all know that there are flaws and significant ones at that but again it’s the clubs that voted for the process

Incidentally this area of governance is not going to be within the initial remit of a regulator
I get that its just greed by the chosen few but myself like others i think are starting to get bored with it Ive been a season ticket holder for 40 years not sure Ill be getting 43, I'm falling out of love with my team and the whole thing its a horrible feeling after 10 minutes of a home game that you shouldn't have bothered

Any profit you make will count on the books for that season but that season will remain part of the calculation for the next two years too but yes you are correct that if you sell big in Y1 and then spend big in Y2 then even though the numbers balance that could become problematic when Y1 falls off the calculation. However, remember that spending is amortised over several years anyway, whereas sales go on the books only once, so timing your sales is more important than timing your spend.

So it makes sense to sensibly balance the timing of your sales in particular. In our position, we may have to sell a player before the end of the year to balance the year. But what you don't want is overkill - if one player (say Onana) can balance this year's PSR then don't also sell Branthwaite until the next financial year, as essentially, you get one more year out of that profit that way.

I do wonder if this is why Liverpool tend to get their purchases in early in the window. They can maximise profit in September by dragging any sales out until they get the prices they want, then buy early so that 1/5th of a 5 year contract disappears with the year of sales on the balance sheet. Smart really.

No first the clubs we got them from will take a cut, we can spend a decebt amount of it but still wont be going crazy. I still think one will go unless a crazy offer and that is onana who i think will be gone. Add in other sales the club will be looking to do mauapay godfrey holgate ect.

That’s so so depressing. MUFC year after year after year can just afford to throw money down the drain, meanwhile we have been third lowest net spend in 5 years: we get points deducted, yet MUFC can just come in and take a future England captain off us, and even worse, we won’t even have much to replace him. It’s a disgrace.

What’s the effing point?