2023/24 Youssef Chermiti

….ha, ha they will know how good he is in training and they will know how ready he is in training. The U21 watchers on here suggested he was very quiet in his latest appearance (he did score a penalty and another that the keeper bungled).

They’ll be seeing if he causes Tarkowski and co problems in training. They’ll be watching his movement daily in training, how he copes in possession. I remember watching DCL at 19 in an U21 game and posting he’d be in the team in 2 months, which he was. Apparently, he was a handful in training and experienced pro’s struggled to contain him.

All youngsters have to earn their game-time, indeed all professionals have to earn their game time. It’s how it works at football clubs. That latest training clip, he’s clever skipping past Branthwaite, that’s the type of thing they’ll be wanting to see. It’s ludicrous to think Dyche is holding him back.

Dyche is holding Dobbin & Patterson back

Laugh all you want but Godfrey & Harrison arent pulling up trees.

…I’d be 100% delighted and I’d 100% praise Thelwell.

My major concerns are I’ve not seen ‘signs’ we have a proper player on our hands, Dyche would definitely be using him more if he was the real deal, SL were happy to move him on and bring in Gyrokeres. I’m not writing him off, I post my concerns. Actually liked a couple of bits from latest training vids.

I’m wanting him to now do what Alan Whittle did and come into the side late in a season and make a huge difference.

You know, there are players like Drogba who come good in their early to mid 20s...

Its always been said hes one for the future and its a concern to me that non scoring forwards are starting

To think we were actually being linked with Gyokeres earlier, he's been banging them in in Portugal

Shades of Tosun? Just kidding but we dont know how hed to in the prem...

…I’d be 100% delighted and I’d 100% praise Thelwell.

My major concerns are I’ve not seen ‘signs’ we have a proper player on our hands, Dyche would definitely be using him more if he was the real deal, SL were happy to move him on and bring in Gyrokeres. I’m not writing him off, I post my concerns. Actually liked a couple of bits from latest training vids.

I’m wanting him to now do what Alan Whittle did and come into the side late in a season and make a huge difference.
I don't really know why you keep posting this stuff? I think you have a bit of a valid point you're right that 19 isn't too young to be able to make an impact and that if he was looking great in training or the unders then he'd be used more but theres just no need to keep going on at the kid they always said it was a long term thing and it just puts more pressure on him to suggest he should be getting games now and obviously isn't good enough. Everyone knows what you think I don't think you need to say it on every page.

I don't really know why you keep posting this stuff? I think you have a bit of a valid point you're right that 19 isn't too young to be able to make an impact and that if he was looking great in training or the unders then he'd be used more but theres just no need to keep going on at the kid they always said it was a long term thing and it just puts more pressure on him to suggest he should be getting games now and obviously isn't good enough. Everyone knows what you think I don't think you need to say it on every page.

….i just posted he’d done something decent in training and got shouted at :Blink:.

We’re all agreed on this, we want him to be good.

Threads keep getting a little injection of toxic negativity. The lad clearly has potential and is young.

Why are our people like this? Why write him off? He’s young and barely played.

I think the frustration is we have a chronic choice of sub standard forwards that can’t score goals NOW. Signing a player that may or not be able to solve that problem in 2 years time is just a bit of a weird way to spend the little money we had, for a club in its 3rd consecutive relegation battle.

I think the frustration is we have a chronic choice of sub standard forwards that can’t score goals NOW. Signing a player that may or not be able to solve that problem in 2 years time is just a bit of a weird way to spend the little money we had, for a club in its 3rd consecutive relegation battle.

Yeah the purchase or investment that he’s supposed to be isn’t what we need right now, and if he’s not playing his stock isn’t increasing.

I’m just not a fan of people doubling down on writing him off when we’ve hardly seen him, as he’s clearly not ready yet.

Yeah the purchase or investment that he’s supposed to be isn’t what we need right now, and if he’s not playing his stock isn’t increasing.

I’m just not a fan of people doubling down on writing him off when we’ve hardly seen him, as he’s clearly not ready yet.

Yep. He’s absolutely the sort of signing we should have been making 5 years ago and more.

Signing him this summer was like buying paint for your garden fence when your kitchen is on fire.