2023/24 Youssef Chermiti

….it is funny that posters who haven’t seen him play think he should be getting more game time when a manager and coaches who are desparate for an effective striker see Chermiti every day and don’t play him.

Maybe it’s not Dyche’s fault the boy rarely plays when I’m 100% sure he wants him to be better than we have.

….it is funny that posters who haven’t seen him play think he should be getting more game time when a manager and coaches who are desparate for an effective striker see Chermiti every day and don’t play him.

Maybe it’s not Dyche’s fault the boy rarely plays when I’m 100% sure he wants him to be better than we have.

All of this post is predicated on the manager knowing what's good or not for the team. Does he?

Dyche is far from infallible

He could just be wrong about Chermiti

Doesn't matter how much Youssef bosses it in training if the manager hasn't got a Scooby, and based on some of Dyche's decisions this season there's a case to be made for that

EDIT; and yes, I'm sure Sean Dyche knows more about football management than I do, and I should chuffing hope so too seeing as he's being paid handsomely to do it. Doesn't mean he's always going to be right though, nor is he above criticism from supporters

All of this post is predicated on the manager knowing what's good or not for the team. Does he?

….you’d like to think so. I’m not seeing many obvious glitches. I’d like him to use Dobbin more off the bench in the Doucoure role when we’re chasing a goal. Dobbin is not a winger, his forte is central.

Given the defensive achievements, I can’t criticise his defensive selections. I’m not a fan of Young but I can see why he gets the nod over Patterson. Patterson isn’t being held back, he’s not being selected because of performance.

From a striker perspective, it’s like moving deck chairs in the Titanic. Neither central striker is effective. I prefer DCL but I understand why he’s trying to get a tune out of Beto. Dyche would be chuffed if Chermiti was the answer but he clearly thinks he’s not. Hopefully that situation changes.

….you’d like to think so. I’m not seeing many obvious glitches. I’d like him to use Dobbin more off the bench in the Doucoure role when we’re chasing a goal. Dobbin is not a winger, his forte is central.

Given the defensive achievements, I can’t criticise his defensive selections. I’m not a fan of Young but I can see why he gets the nod over Patterson. Patterson isn’t being held back, he’s not being selected because of performance.

From a striker perspective, it’s like moving deck chairs in the Titanic. Neither central striker is effective. I prefer DCL but I understand why he’s trying to get a tune out of Beto. Dyche would be chuffed if Chermiti was the answer but he clearly thinks he’s not. Hopefully that situation changes.

Aren't you contradicting yourself a little though? People want to see more of Chermiti BECAUSE the other two are currently effective. If things aren't working you change them up not just persist with it. It shows he's a poor coach.