Relegation 23/24 Thread

Premier league have really screwed themselves with this. If Forest only get a 6 point deduction, will Everton ask questions? Their breach seems to be much larger than ours, and is very provably on buying too many players. Ours was small and due to a stadium build. If Forest get the same punishment as us then I would say that the lesson there is for Everton to spend 500 million this summer, take the 6 points and be too far up the league for it to matter. The premier league really have no idea what they are doing.
I think it is worse than that. If they “only” hit us for two more because of double jeopardy does that mean we could (we wouldn’t) game the system and take two points deduction for a advantage on the field next year by purposely going over ?

It is a complete mess

Teams at the bottom tend not to win their games in hand.

I do not trust the outcome of the next set of deductions.

Leicester were the better team last year

Even without a game in hand, for me it's all about Luton. If we won our next game Vs Bournemouth, then Luton have Spurs and Arsenal both away. It would have been a massive gap with so few games left.

Luton winning today would have been the worst outcome IMO. That in mind - I'd rather have Forest won.

As I mentioned, people quick to cry that we may as well dismiss Liverpool - but Luton have a really iffy run in with 2 title challengers to play away.

Forest have 2 winnable games next - Palace and Fulham both at home.

End of the day though we just have to win a couple of games FFS

Those results were hand picked. Luton simply had to win and ok they got a late draw but that's 1 point from 6 and included a game they were 3-0 up in.

Forest couldn't hold on after leading for so long and haven't gone above us and should be six back this time next week. It's going knock both clubs confidence.

Fair enough.
Personally I don’t think it could have gone anymore in our favour.
I said earlier I would be delighted if Brentford lose so they are still in the mix and Luton/forest game being a draw. My logic was that way both teams have dropped points and we are not overtaken.
Yeah that's totally understandable.

Brentford's loss is great to keep them close and on a game more, I really wanted Luton to lose to put a dent in their confidence more than anything, they have an annoying habit of not giving up. I figured 3 points to Forest today would be countered by a points deduction next week.

Got to admit though, the table looks hopeful at the moment, assuming we get around to actually winning some games ourselves.

The results have been good for us today IMO, but really it will all be about how we come back in 2 weeks.

If we come back the same team that have gone 11 without a win we are in trouble, as any team that can`t win will be. Coming back with a win at Bournemouth would be massive especially with that game in hand.

It`s in our hands but this team was just throwing away opportunity after opportunity away, had we not had that awful 11 game run we would be well clear.

It`s up to the manager and staff now to kick these players in to gear, if we come back and start getting results we have nothing to worry about but if it is more of the same we have missed an opportunity to make a change as we did with Frank and their World Cup trip to Australia.
We have the easiest and most difficult run in. In our own hands for sure with the ability to put the knife into our opponents.

Losing those games though has us in real trouble. Forest, Luton, Burnley, Brentford, Bournemouth and Sheff U. We have all of them.

Hope Portugal has helped