6 + 2 Point Deductions

So in a nutshell, 19.5 million breach = 10 point deduction and 34.5 million breach = 4 point deduction.

And wow with 'The Commission found that the club had demonstrated “exceptional cooperation” in its dealings with the Premier League throughout the process'

Amazing they even had 4 points deducted.

Would be happy if we just walked away from this league altogether. Feel dirty having anything to do with it.

Wow. 2 mins reading that makes our representations in the first hearing look embarrassing. Forest reps going straight in questioning the powers of sanction and making very clear that punishments must not be excessive etc.

Feel a bit sick.

It's a difficult one mate, on the one hand much as I hate to admit it I do love Everton and wish the very best for them, but on the other hand I enjoy the utter carnage they cause by being completely hopeless.

Thankfully I can take or leave football for the most part nowadays and it doesn't ruin my existence like it might previously have done, so I just sit back and enjoy whatever comes. If Everton can't win games then I'll have to gain some enjoyment from financial experts and unhinged loons on here losing their minds.

Call yourself an Evertonian and you're not even raging nor have you enrolled for an accountancy degree. Disgraceful if you ask me.

Of course not. but it might give us some hint at what's to come next for us.

Speculatively, it seems like there could be a 2 points per season model developing within the case law (our first case, our appeal and forest's case).

That Maguire chap on X says that Forest have only breached 1 out of the 3 seasons (being last season).

So if the commission took a 6 point deduction for 3 seasons breaches (if the total loss is over £105m) as the benchmark, it MAY mean that our next punishment will be 2 points. This is because we only have 1 season of breach that we haven't been punished for.

Lots of guesswork from me there though.
More like 4 pts to put us back to the original 10 points deduction .....

Not read any more as my head is hurting. But didn’t they say 6 points is the minimum starting point in our appeal?

Attachments

• IMG_2736.jpeg
    IMG_2736.jpeg
    51.5 KB · Views: 4
LOeffingL.
I don't know why anyone thought there was going to be a consistent punishment.
Everton are always punishe more harshly. Don't know why that is exactly, but it seems to be a universal constant.
We'll probably get 6 on the second charge because it's the "established precedent ".

After 56 years of supporting the Blues in the top division of English football....

I hate to say, but I think that's us done for.

We will almost certainly receive another 10 points deduction. Had Forest received a 10 points deduction as expected... we would have had a really good chance of avoiding relegation. But 4 points is a shocker.

Perhaps the mistake we made was only making a loss of £105million! If we had signed 42 players for a quarter of a billion Pounds in one season like Forest did, perhaps we would have only been deducted 4 points rather than 10.

Very sad day for our club.

The kopites will be gleeful today.
What logic are you using to determine that "we will almost certainly receive another 10 points deduction"? Something you read off the back of a crisp packet?
Probably the most bizarre post on the whole of this topic and that takes some doing....well done George.

Just reading through now, no one should expect a suspended points sentence.

"Finally, the Premier League argued that it would not be appropriate to suspend any pointsdeduction. An immediate deduction is appropriate in PSR cases, and a suspended deductionwill generally be inappropriate, for the reasons given in the Everton Appeal at [228]. Inparticular, suspension “would not address the position in the league itself, nor would it addressthe potential profit share advantage that not having any deduction in points would have”