6 + 2 Point Deductions

It’ll be under consideration I’m sure. The cost of pursuing it may not be worth it although one point can equal millions in prize money if it changes your placing. I think we’ll wait to see Forest’s outcome, doesn’t effect relegation of course but might give some indication how ours might go.

It’s not just about the points, the legal arguments we make might have an effect on future cases and so we may wish to proceed and make them.

But if there’s any indication from Forest’s case that appealing risks an increase in the punishment I imagine we’ll withdraw.
But don't they just make it up as they go along?

Yes but that only happens if someone appeals it. So if the PL does not want to appeal (and they haven’t) the initial commission’s decision, then the appeal board can’t arbitrarily decide to apply a great sanction as it has not been appealed, that’s the same with the criminal courts.
We have appealed it 🤔

We have appealed it 🤔
Yes have appealed it but the PL have not appealed the decision which sanctioned us 2 points (even though they recommended 5). Look at it this way…..

If just Everton appeal it (which is the case here), the only question the IC has to answer is whether they reduce the sanction down from 2 points or keep it the same.

If just the PL appeal it (which is not the case here) the only question the IC has to answer is whether they increase the sanction up from two points or keep it the same.

If both the PL and Everton appealed it (which is also not the case here) the IC could reduce it, increase it or keep it the same.

It is similar to the civil courts…..no court will interfere in a lower court’s decision unless appealed, by one or both parties. If only one party appeals a decision the scope to consider by the court just relates to that specific appeal. They can’t decide on something outside the scope of that appeal. In our case we want it reduced, so all they can consider is reducing it or keeping it the same.

IMG_8776.jpeg

PL posted:

"Following their defeat to Newcastle, Sheffield Utd are relegated pending Everton and Nott'm Forest's points-deduction appeals."

Then deleted it after 3 million views.

But posted Everton are safe, with no mention of appeals.

That means:
-we aren’t getting more points deducted

-they still have absolutely no idea what the hell they are doing stage-managing this multi billion pound sham masquerading as a competitive sport.
We never were getting more points deducted this season.

We never were getting more points deducted this season.
Was merely commenting on the flurry of pages discussing whether appeal panels can increase an existing penalty. They could. But clearly won’t. And particularly not after they have removed all pending and asterisks from their tweets about Sheff United and us. Wasn’t for a minute saying it was ever happening.

Maybe the only reason we’re even cracking on is to expose the silliness of the current timetable.
Looked at palace fixtures today and if we did get the two back be on 38pts them on 40. With united at hone wolves away and villa at home. So could catch them be tough but maybe, the timetable is bs just glad we did it this week would have been alot of pressure. Do both results of the appeals come the same time us and forest.

I know we are safe now, but has it been put that late due to us been safe, or was it that late anyway, as would have been mental the hearing would have took place in the final week, with us not knowing untill maybe a day or 2 before Arsenal, if we got point or 2 back. I know it said something like a while back we would know before the Arsenal game supposedly with the reasons give by end of may or something

I know we are safe now, but has it been put that late due to us been safe, or was it that late anyway, as would have been mental the hearing would have took place in the final week, with us not knowing untill maybe a day or 2 before Arsenal, if we got point or 2 back. I know it said something like a while back we would know before the Arsenal game supposedly with the reasons give by end of may or something
Think it was always that late and it is crazy, the league has got lucky both us and forest said it could happen before the end of the season. Could still be a mess esp with forest if they do give points back if they get two points is huge for them at this point and could change everything

….whilst appreciating more posters know the detail of this more than me, I’d expect the Forest and Everton sanctions to remain unaltered.

It’s not that I think they’re right, the whole process has been exposed as an absolute sham but from the PL perspective they will see the need for some type of sanction for those that err. What is clearly out of kilter is the 6 point deduction.

What is an absolute disgrace is the PL push for the original 10 points. They have backed themselves in a huge corner on this, different rules for different clubs exposed.

….whilst appreciating more posters know the detail of this more than me, I’d expect the Forest and Everton sanctions to remain unaltered.

It’s not that I think they’re right, the whole process has been exposed as an absolute sham but from the PL perspective they will see the need for some type of sanction for those that err. What is clearly out of kilter is the 6 point deduction.

What is an absolute disgrace is the PL push for the original 10 points. They have backed themselves in a huge corner on this, different rules for different clubs exposed.

I'm looking forward to Andy Burnhams comments at some point. His last tweet on Saturday evening was very telling.

He said something like

" delighted that we've secured our safety for a other year, especially against the poor treatment from the PL, but I'll more to say about that real soon".

I've got a feeling he'll come out and tell everyone that behind the scenes, the PL were desperate to not have an independent regulator and that they were definitely leaning on some people for favours. I think he'll expose what a shower of horrible little rats they are and that they're not fit for purpose.