6 + 2 Point Deductions

This seems to be a common misconception….they can’t increase it. The PL decided our ‘indiscretion’ was worth a 2 point deduction, that was their decision which Everton is appealing so it either stays 2 points after the appeal or it is reduced, there is no chance of increasing it.
The PL wanted to take 5 points this time and due to mitigating factors, the commission decided to put it down to 2 so I think the appeal board have the power to give anything between 0 and 5 if they want. I wouldn’t be surprised if they kept it at 2.

The PL wanted to take 5 points this time and due to mitigating factors, the commission decided to put it down to 2 so I think the appeal board have the power to give anything between 0 and 5 if they want. I wouldn’t be surprised if they kept it at 2.
Disagree…the if the PL are not appealing then that 5 points is not relevant because the PL is not appealing it

Untrue.

“An Appeal Board has the power to “vary any penalty imposed or order made at first instance”, Premier League rules state. Although an increase in the sanction is seen as unlikely, it is still a possibility.”

Surely though only it’s being appealed by the Pl which in this case it is not?

They can increase it, same as a criminal court appeal. It doesn't happen though, it'll either decrease or stay the same.
Yes but that only happens if someone appeals it. So if the PL does not want to appeal (and they haven’t) the initial commission’s decision, then the appeal board can’t arbitrarily decide to apply a great sanction as it has not been appealed, that’s the same with the criminal courts.

Disagree…the if the PL are not appealing then that 5 points is not relevant because the PL is not appealing it
I’d say it’s highly unlikely as it would be embarrassing for the PL but as the commissions are independent from the PL and each commission is a different group of people with potentially different views on the situation, I wouldn’t rule anything out.

I imagine we’ve asked behind the scenes though whether there’s a possibility the penalty could increase and I think we’d withdraw it as soon as possible if they indicated it could.

PL posted:

"Following their defeat to Newcastle, Sheffield Utd are relegated pending Everton and Nott'm Forest's points-deduction appeals."

Then deleted it after 3 million views.

But posted Everton are safe, with no mention of appeals.

That means:
-we aren’t getting more points deducted

-they still have absolutely no idea what the hell they are doing stage-managing this multi billion pound sham masquerading as a competitive sport.

Why don’t we just withdraw from the appeal then if everything is so unclear then at least we will all know where we stand
It’ll be under consideration I’m sure. The cost of pursuing it may not be worth it although one point can equal millions in prize money if it changes your placing. I think we’ll wait to see Forest’s outcome, doesn’t effect relegation of course but might give some indication how ours might go.

It’s not just about the points, the legal arguments we make might have an effect on future cases and so we may wish to proceed and make them.

But if there’s any indication from Forest’s case that appealing risks an increase in the punishment I imagine we’ll withdraw.