6 + 2 Point Deductions

After Everton appealed the original 10 points deduction. The original decisions from the first independent commissions were 10 and 4 points respectively. It's important because Forest were given 6 points but given 2 points for supposed cooperation.

And what did we get a kick in the goolies.

After Everton appealed the original 10 points deduction. The original decisions from the first independent commissions were 10 and 4 points respectively. It's important because Forest were given 6 points but given 2 points for supposed cooperation.
Everton's deduction was changed because the commission got things wrong. It doesn't mean Forest's initial punishment should be compared to it, because their commission's judgement should be correct. The journalist is absolutely correct in saying the difference is six points and four points.

The unfairness of the original ten point penalty and its impact is another matter.

Yes, they are unhappy with a 4 point deduction - they have 7 days to appeal - but even if they are successful they may only get 1 point back if they are lucky = is it worth that ?
Going on the rate, it's a 3 point minimum deduction stated by the appeals panel - the Prem wanted a 6 point deduction - the appeal independent panel knocked two off in the mitigating circumstances the forest legal team put forwards.... ....

Irrespective their overspend was 30 % higher than ours in one season .... & we initially got a ten point deduction - it's a pure nonsense system they are making changing rules as they go a long IMO
The Prem wanted 8 point deduction Joey.

The commission decided it was 6 less 2 for co-operating.

It's like two completely different investigations unrelated to each other.

As someone said on here earlier might be best to keep quiet until second hearing is heard so we look at everything. Instead of jumping in now. Also result of forest appeal
Keeping quiet is what our club is best at it. Not a chance anyone at the club will actually make any kind of public statement regarding the PL's Commission's seemingly random application of punishments. We need big Nev as Everton's public spokesman 👍

CT u

No one in the media has done the required reading on any of this.

Listened to a bit of the Monday Night Club on Five Live yesterday and it was astonishing how often they said “I believe,” and then just guessed at things like right to appeal, deadlines and how point deductions were calculated.
I thought Mark Chapman was pretty fair and came across as well informed.

The Prem wanted 8 point deduction Joey.

The commission decided it was 6 less 2 for co-operating.
Ala Forest the prem wanted 6 -2 again ... without an expensive appeal ... lucky them - I heard the prem wanted 12 of us originally & we got -2 again = 10 we appealed dropped to 6 - with another one pending in the same era / - they are making it all up as they go along ....

Yes but they will have known the breach of Forest at the time of recommending we be done 12 points wouldn't they?
Our first punishment was meted out in October/November so not sure if they knew Forest's and our latest numbers then. The point is though, I believe, that once the appeal got it down to 6 points for us then they knew that 12 points wasn't going to wash.

Good point. Doubt they can review the first though if we've accepted it post appeal I'd assume it's case closed. Only an assumption though
No, the PL can’t review it any further but what I mean is that we need to review the totality of our two cases when complete v the Forest case. If there are manifest consistencies the “nuclear option” would be the courts.

People might be craving some sort of statement in the meantime to vent frustration but the time isn’t now. Co-operate and observe for now.

Assuming by some miracle the commission does accept our double jeopardy argument, does anyone know if our losses last season were more than £35M?