6 + 2 Point Deductions

But the submission of accounts is a requirement only during the next season, when they aren't a PL club any more. If they don't have to comply with that rule, then how to you get the evidence to charge the 3 year breach? It's a loophole and doesn't change the fact they should have complied with the PL rules during the three seasons in question, but it MIGHT work.

They took PL money, for being in the PL 22/23, so there accounts should fall into that jurisdiction for that period too.

The outcome is if you are relegated you don’t have to adhere to any rule.

Everton did not admit a charge because they genuinely felt they were compliant based on interpretation of the Stadium loans and interest and was not related to “playing for time”.
As I said it was their right to plead “ not guilty” but the £17.4 million re stadium loans even if allowed would still have meant that the £105 million had been exceeded.

They took PL money, for being in the PL 22/23, so there accounts should fall into that jurisdiction for that period too.

The outcome is if you are relegated you don’t have to adhere to any rule.
But this is the beauty of their argument. Yes, the 22/23 accounts fall into PL jurisdiction. But the rule requiring the submission of the previous year's accounts no longer applies to them as they aren't a PL club in 23/24. So even if the PL suspect, or even know, they've breached in 22/23, they can't compel them to submit the accounts that prove it.

I have no idea if that defence will even work and I guess the PL have nuclear options like simply not admitting them, but it's a fun all-or-nothing argument if Leicester decide to go with it.

But this is the beauty of their argument. Yes, the 22/23 accounts fall into PL jurisdiction. But the rule requiring the submission of the previous year's accounts no longer applies to them as they aren't a PL club in 23/24. So even if the PL suspect, or even know, they've breached in 22/23, they can't compel them to submit the accounts that prove it.

I have no idea if that defence will even work and I guess the PL have nuclear options like simply not admitting them, but it's a fun all-or-nothing argument if Leicester decide to go with it.

Can’t see it ending well mate and eventually they will have to concede, as you say, they can block entry to the league or charge them on promotion when they are a PL club.

If they are seeing as being difficult it won’t end well for them at the commission.

They won’t get a way with claiming to be either an EFL club PL club, I won’t be surprised to see them charged by both.

Bit severe but, for me there should be countless calls between clubs now, with the proposal that they refuse to partake in the rest of this season, whatever the consequences.

Then we manufacture a breakaway.

Cripple the PL
Cripple Sky
Cripple UEFA
Cripple FIFA.

Pipe dream, but it needs to happen.

PSR, as has been said, isn't fit for purpose and all actions both ongoing and upcoming need to be pended with all penalties reinstated with immediate effect, if not, season ends now.

It's almost as if rules from ten years ago have completely failed to adjust to massively changing economic circumstances in the football and non-football world and the ever-rising cost of even trying to keep yourself afloat in the Premier League.

I don’t like the rules full stop personally, but the £105m limit seems so outdated - middling players are now going for £40-£50m.

Take a look at the January window, everyone is petrified to spend, it will only be the super league six spending again this summer, apparently even Newcastle and Villa have to sell, which just means the scab six can vulture their players, and the cycle repeats itself. It’s not a competition.

Can’t see it ending well mate and eventually they will have to concede, as you say, they can block entry to the league or charge them on promotion when they are a PL club.

If they are seeing as being difficult it won’t end well for them at the commission.

They won’t get a way with claiming to be either an EFL club PL club, I won’t be surprised to see them charged by both.

But it just shows the extent of the incompetence of the PL.
It probably just needs 2 extra sentences to the by-laws and this whole catastrophe could have been avoided, and they missed it.