2023/24 Nathan Patterson

The very best take on this incident with regards to Dyche, is that he acted in a manner which showed a massive lack of judgement. This was not an incident behind closed doors. It appears that we are shelling out millions a year for a manager that loses far more matches than he wins, serves up a style of football which makes your eyes bleed and has an appalling lack of judgement.
He has won the championship though

He has won the championship though
[/QUO
Yeah, he'll get the opportunity to win it again as Everton manager the way it's going. Over three months since his last win, three victories at Goodison all season. At any other time in Moshiri's reign, he would be history, unfortunately we are such a mess that it would prove very difficult to get a decent manager in to replace him.

….more importantly, he started for Scotland last night and despite a 4-0 thumping it seems the game was quite close for 70mins. Never watched it but Patterson featured about half-way down the BBC MoM poll;

View attachment 249714

Think it was sofascore he was rated as their best defender on 6.8/10 and has been some praise for his performance online.

Think it was sofascore he was rated as their best defender on 6.8/10 and has been some praise for his performance online.
Played well in first half although initially he tended to hesitate when going forward and chose to stop and play the ball back(as if someone has been drilling play safe and negativity into him recently🤔)
Eventually seemed to realise he could play his natural game, made some great runs, linked up well with Gilmour, put in a few decent balls into box(Shankland should have done better with one in particular) , got back and defended well when he had to, overall looked the part.
Second half Scotlland seemed to be moving the ball up Robertson's side more, so Patterson not involved as much untill Clarke made his changes(including Patt) which in turn led to the team going to shoite defensively for the last 20 mins.

My eyes tell me that Patterson is better than Godfrey and Young and the equal of
Coleman.
The Ashley Young and Godfrey full back idea is a bad one. How many mistakes do they have
to make before Dyche wakes up?

….Patterson isn’t exactly error free (I wish he was). His defending leaves lots to be desired, it’s why he’s failed to win a place with the last few managers despite our fragility in that position.

Dyche will be very awake to the situation and he can point out a decent defensive record with the personnel he selects. Godfrey or Young is clearly not the answer but it says a lot that both appear to be ahead of Patterson in the queue. Nobody would be happier than Dyche if Patterson was the answer.

….Patterson isn’t exactly error free (I wish he was). His defending leaves lots to be desired, it’s why he’s failed to win a place with the last few managers despite our fragility in that position.

Dyche will be very awake to the situation and he can point out a decent defensive record with the personnel he selects. Godfrey or Young is clearly not the answer but it says a lot that both appear to be ahead of Patterson in the queue. Nobody would be happier than Dyche if Patterson was the answer.

All it says is that Dyche has horrendous judgement. It’s not just Patterson, he is incapable of rotating out players playing badly. How long did it take to give Beto a chance? (who has actually at least scored a few goals now, even if he isn’t amazing). Danjuma? Dobbin?

My eyes tell me that Patterson is better than Godfrey and Young and the equal of
Coleman.
The Ashley Young and Godfrey full back idea is a bad one. How many mistakes do they have
to make before Dyche wakes up?

Screenshot_20240324_170120_Chrome.jpg
1646391713380_1.jpeg

Im quite impressed how you have spent the last 10+ years going hard at Robles.

Im quite impressed how you have spent the last 10+ years going hard at Robles.

Just laughed at the positional sense of MH370

Patterson's mistakes have been minor infringements compared to Young's mistakes that led to Wolves late goal
at home or getting sent off at LFC. Godfrey's penalty at MUFC was horrible as was his inability to head a ball at Brighton
or at home against WHU, both times resulting in goals.
The thing that clinces it for me is that Godfrey and Young offer nothing going forward. Patterson does offer something, not a lot,
but something. Neither Godfrey or Young have a future at full-back - Patterson does.

So I see we've moved from "he's been given a chance" to "he's rightfully not been given a chance because he appears error prone" (even though he's not any more error prone than any other of or pensioners and non-right back options, or even less realistically).

We don't deserve young players at all and I hope for all of your sake we don't replace Coleman and bring in Johnny Evans to replace Branthwaite too just so you remain happy. x

So I see we've moved from "he's been given a chance" to "he's rightfully not been given a chance because he appears error prone" (even though he's not any more error prone than any other of or pensioners and non-right back options, or even less realistically).

We don't deserve young players at all and I hope for all of your sake we don't replace Coleman and bring in Johnny Evans to replace Branthwaite too just so you remain happy. x

….its nothing to do with being young or old, its about being good or bad. Branthwaite is younger and holds down his place. Unfortunately in our predicament we’ve not been able to afford an effective RB so have had to do with converted CBs or old blokes on Bosmans.

Watch games back where Patterson plays and see how many crosses come in from his side. His positioning sense is poor, he’s either rushing at his winger making him easy to get past or standing way off. He makes me nervous when he plays, I’m sure Dyche and the coaches feel exactly the same.

As is often the case with our club, unless he can turn things around, he just looks another poor piece of business. Young players still have to be good enough.