Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In reality though is there actually a combination of midfielders at the club that wouldn't be a real concern? If I was the manager I'd just keep Garner and get a few young lads from the U21s and let them at it, if nothing else it will give them experience for wherever we may be next year.
Sure the depth is a problem but if you take Onana and Idrissa out it, would be for most teams
I don't see a problem with Douc as CM and Gomes at 10 for this match, the problem is Dyche's inflexibility in tactics and lack of rotation, and subtext of lack of faith in all the players to do anything but what he's been sticking rigidly to.

Andre Gomes starts. Dear god

Dyche saw him come on against Newcastle and make a few passes and that's really enough?

It's never that simple is it

There’s been a pattern with Gomes for years when he looks good off the bench, so he gets a start, is then dreadful and goes back to the bench.

It’s almost like he should be used exclusively as a sub.

That said not sure what other options we had today.

Sure the depth is a problem but if you take Onana and Idrissa out it, would be for most teams
I don't see a problem with Douc as CM and Gomes at 10 for this match, the problem is Dyche's inflexibility in tactics and lack of rotation, and subtext of lack of faith in all the players to do anything but what he's been sticking rigidly to.
Doucoure booked on 15 minutes for a late challenge. Then we'll see some murmurs...

I don't trust either of those.. Onana is one of the most criminally overrated players in the league, Idrissa I loved him in his first spell here but since he came back he's been outstandingly average.