Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
you got some other 1-0s in your repertoire you'd like to compare this to? Or can we agree only beating this Burnley side 1-0 when they had 10 men and a dodgy keeper is a little less of a victory
They had 11 men for 3/4 of the game and we won the game. You need to have a beer and stop worrying about what you can’t change. Everyone knows that we are a bit crap but we won. We got ahead/closer to Brentford and Palace. We stayed the same distance from the mighty Luton and probably have gone 3 points ahead of Forest. I’m having a beer and, hopefully, keeping the grim reaper at bay by not getting stressed.

BTW, goal difference is not really an issue.

First trip to the old lady since Allardyce's last home game in charge today.

Not pretty by any stretch, but a win's a win. And it’s a huge win considering the other results today… Brentford and Palace are suddenly now very much in it… the more teams down there the better.

If we can get 6 points from our remaining 4 games this month, we should be going into the Luton game all but safe.

….my son is on holiday abroad, he dressed his two little girls in their Everton kits and set off from his all inclusive to a bar with fellow Toffees. They FaceTimed me tonight, a 5 year old and a 3 year old still wearing their kits; “Grandad, Everton won”. It’s important.
Eggs, it’s more than important. I first stepped foot in Goodison in December 1980. Since then this is the worst Everton side I’ve seen since then. It’s bloody painful and embarrassing to watch. Seeing them get outplayed by ten man Burnley was a new low. I’m sick of getting so depressed and frustrated watching them play like a bunch of amateurs. I’m glad your granddaughters managed to see a win because like you said, it’s important.

That first half was one of the poorest halves of football I've ever sat through. Two pretty poor sides with little imagination. We looked better after DCL's goal but seemed afraid to get at them during the last 15 minutes in case we let our lead slip. 3 valuable points is 3 valuable points, lets just hope Lord Dickie Masterful doesn't pickpocket us again on Monday. UTFT!