Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That first half was one of the poorest halves of football I've ever sat through. Two pretty poor sides with little imagination. We looked better after DCL's goal but seemed afraid to get at them during the last 15 minutes in case we let our lead slip. 3 valuable points is 3 valuable points, lets just hope Lord Dickie Masterful doesn't pickpocket us again on Monday. UTFT!

i know it’s 4 todays 3 will be wiped
my them

They had 11 men for 3/4 of the game and we won the game. You need to have a beer and stop worrying about what you can’t change. Everyone knows that we are a bit crap but we won. We got ahead/closer to Brentford and Palace. We stayed the same distance from the mighty Luton and probably have gone 3 points ahead of Forest. I’m having a beer and, hopefully, keeping the grim reaper at bay by not getting stressed.

BTW, goal difference is not really an issue.
Forgive me for wanting more. I think you and I and every other toffee deserves more. Enjoy youre beer mate, im enjoying mine

Always looking forward brother. Chelsea next. They won't be anywhere near as sloppy as Burnley were.
Hang on. Is that the 10-man Burnley that were fantastic?

pancake.jpg

only takes after that them to win of we lose

if we get in that bottom 3 we won’t come out
Top line. WTF? @COYBL25

Second line. Who knows? We got dumped into the bottom 3 after the first points deduction and got out. We've also done it many times (sadly) over the last 3 seasons. Let's wait and see instead of applying to Australia House.

DCL still not finishing his chances, but credit for the goal despite keeper error. That said, it looked to me like he was playing with a bit more confidence. We will need him down the stretch. Branthwaite man of the match for me, cleared the danger many times.
Goalkeeper error? If Salah had got that goal he would have been given credit for closing down.

Relived to finally get a win , but another dire watch and not a lot of joy when the PL will be taking another random number of points away whenever they feel like it ! Fully expect to be in the bottom 3 before next match.

Relived to finally get a win , but another dire watch and not a lot of joy when the PL will be taking another random number of points away whenever they feel like it ! Fully expect to be in the bottom 3 before next match.
Yes and whatever figure they had in their head on friday has just been increased by 3. 😠

100%. And we have absolutely no idea if it's gonna be closer to 2 points or 10 points. Genuinely could be any amount between 0 and 8 points. 5 or more and we're already buried imo - we ain't going to Luton and winning playing the way we have for 5 months, absolutely no chance at all. Still a chance of staying up of course, especially with our fixtures being what most people would consider as favourable, but playing like that and with the manager almost waiting for the side to concede before taking off players that can barely move... it's not a good sign.
Cannot compute!

Cannot compute!
Well realistically we know it won't be 0 points, and you'd think it cannot be 10 points as that's worse than going into administration. But it's still possible that we get 0 points, but highly not probable.

As we know, Matty's mate with the WiFi code at Goodison reckons it's 2 points (and he's well sauced by the sounds of it @matty1878), whereas I think 8 is the most we can get.

Basically I just plucked the numbers out of my arse, which is exactly what the Premier League will do when it comes to them I mean the Independent Commission determining our punishment.