Relegation 23/24 Thread

Fair play guys and girls, this thread is great entertainment.

Luton winning right at the end is a bit of a punch in the gut, could feel the mood in the ground deflating as the news spread that they’d won.

But we can only control what happens in our games. 4 points in a week is exactly what we needed. Forest and Brentford are going to be feeling the pressure now, and Palace too if they don't get a few more points on the board in the next couple of weeks.

As things stand, for us to be relegated, all of the following must happen:
- Luton need to earn 5 more points than us (or 4 plus a 10 goal swing) with 1 game less to play than us
- Forest need to earn 5 more points than us (or 4 plus a 4 goal swing)
- Brentford need to earn 1 more point than us (or a 3 goal swing) with 1 games less to play than us

After playing 31 games last season, we were out of the relegation zone only on goal difference, and we dropped into the bottom 3 the following week, 4 points off bottom.

Still very much in our hands.

EDIT

- Forest need to earn 5 points more than us (or 4 plus a 6 goal swing) with 1 game less to play than us

Do wonder why the bookies this week have pushed us further out in the market, especially with a potential deduction looming.
We're about 5/1 with most bookies. That's a hedge in my opinion. Brentford and Palace are both 20/1 despite being level on points and only 1 point ahead of us They're expecting another deduction, but a small one I'd say.

One more thought...for all those that say teams like Forest and Luton have goals in them, remember that they also concede a lot of goals (-16 and -20 goal difference), which impacts win/loss/draw. So, they have their own challenges.

We will at least know our deduction, plus all next weeks results before we play again.
Though I'm not actually sure that's a good thing now, as I'm having heart palpitations whilst writing this.

And you Know Chelsea will have an off day and come good next wk..