6 + 2 Point Deductions

Screenshot_20240408_170927_Chrome.webp

Don't like the look of this at all.

Next week's trial. Premier league independent commission v Everton FC.

Everton FC are accused of overspending £15.73 from the pretty cash tin. You are only allowed to spend £100 in a year but we run out of chocolates hobnobs during a meeting. We sent Mandy from accounts to Tesco's and instead of buying Tesco's own brand biscuits she went wild and bought Mcvities.

Just saying to call out Russia telepathy is a nonsense. Not digging at you
Oh yeah I know, but Usmanov, of all people, is/was a very well known supporter of the regime (pic below) - teams just didn't have a problem with his dirty money being everywhere.

1712592716583.webp

It was the same with Gazprom - they were okay, despite being basically owned by Putin himself, up until the invasion which was apparently the absolute last straw somehow lol

Again, that is the question. It was already answered once in the 2021/2022 calculation, and it was included in the PSR calculation. It doesn't matter if we got an auditor to capitalize the expense.

As for your first part, that is the first time I've seen that definition and would love to see where you got that from.
A company can't tell anyone auditor what to do. The company prepares the accounts and presents them to the auditors for review. If the auditors disagree they state that the accounts don't show a true and fair view. That is not the case here. If the auditors get that wrong, they could be sued or/and lose the licence.

I don't understand your second point.

Can football clubs, sue the Premier League? Heard conflicting things.

Would suspect some shenanigans from Forest or Everton if either go down.
Over certain things we probably can but part of the agreement of participating in the league is that we agree to abide by their regulations and rules and any disciplinary process applied.

The league has the power to simply remove us so we would have to be very careful.

Everton have been their blessing really, , deliberately inconsistent in the process so that there is a call to change things going forward so the punishment isn’t in the same manner to certain other clubs.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back