6 + 2 Point Deductions

What are the chances we have to add that back on though, since it’s been ok’ed by auditors?
Beyond my expertise. The PL must feel they have a case to pursue it, although it seems like vindictiveness when they *could* legitimately accept the audited accounts as stand. I imagine though if the accounts have been signed off by independent practitioners it’s a fairly high bar of proof to dispute them.

It all seems so unnecessary when they have their 8 points.

I have a degree of sympathy with Luton trying to navigate the whole , how many points do they need situation what with panel and appeal and no apparent rhythm or reason to how it’s apparently adjudicated.

Now I’ve said the above having listened to that interview the sympathy rapidly disappears, what a pathetic whinge that is . The way things have panned out what with Leicester and their threats to sue and forest and their early collaboration & finger pointing I half expect Luton to be the next to fall .
I think any sensible football fan would agree with his clubs plight and that Everton have broke rules etc, but he can't be happy with the punishment that's been given he wants more. so yeah, no sympathy for him or his club. He comes across like a grass

He has conveniently forgotten that Luton were docked points for misconduct over illegal payments to external parties and for failing to reach a CVA as directed by HMRC because they were insolvent…a tad different to Everton and Forest.

He has also not realised that the PL rule book states that clubs entering administration will be sanctioned 9 points.
As a shareholder in the PL is he now advocating that those rules should be ignored by the PL when it comes to PSR.

Mr Magoo glasses to go with his clown shoes.

PS. Welcome back DaveK!!!
Thanks mate.

Yep, not-so-Sweet is all over the place. It probably reflects how rattled they are.

I think any sensible football fan would agree with his clubs plight and that Everton have broke rules etc, but he can't be happy with the punishment that's been given he wants more. so yeah, no sympathy for him or his club. He comes across like a grass
Totally agree with your opinion on him , in fact I self edited my post from being a lot more aggressive in my own assessment of the bloke

I know it affects them this season but they are still short on points needed to survive even with ours and Forest deductions so it's really a moot point for them.

The only real way it changes is If ours or Forest appeal and they add more and they don't win again this season!

On principle tho you have to say that any deductions/penalty should not be applied 3/4 of way through a season.

But we know the whole thing is a complete mess.

Listen to this ironically named bitter b*stard Gary Sweet, CEO of Luton town. What a club of whinging little tramps...

I think your all looking at it wrong, he is clearly in support of us. Our breach this time round bought us Beto, where Forests bought them Chris Wood. I don't think Beto has won us a point this season, so we shouldn't be docked any. Also, our breach last season was due to not selling Kean, and he's cost us far more points than he's gained us, so we should have them all back.

Cheers Gary.

I have absolutely no idea why so much vitriol towards them.

Much of what he says makes sense and I think your anger is misplaced.

You should be shouting at the Board, Moshiri, Kenwright, the DOFS, the scouts.

Imagine we were in Luton's position (relegation places and making sure the Board is not overspending) and they were the ones that were overspending?
They are on 25 points after 32 games, in every other year the bookies would have stopped taking bets on them going down, 25 points with 6 to go.. get in the bin you bunch of scruffs, they should be thrilled that they still have a chance of staying up.

i have NO sympathy for any club except US

and everyone of you should be the same
Well mate you do you .

I think the governance of the premier league has been handled horrifically and we’ve been on the wrong end of some decisions that I can’t get my head around , particularly when viewed against others. As fans our double whammy is that when many of us protested against the incompetent board that got us into this situation we were shouted down by the same media that now slaughters us .

All that said if I’m a club in the relegation battle they still don’t know where they stand , we don’t and those fighting Against us don't. That’s primarily due to the incompetence , at best , of the premier league . So I can recognise how frustrating that must be , particularly when managers in the relegation battle like go work out how many points they need and where they’ll come from. The cryarsing and whinging of some of those involved though can quickly remove any shred of sympathy I have

All that said I won’t shed a single tear for any of them if we stay up by a point that say an appeals commission grants back to us at the last second . Everton is my overwhelming and overriding concern but I find myself able to walk and chew gum at the sane time .

I have absolutely no idea why so much vitriol towards them.

Much of what he says makes sense and I think your anger is misplaced.

You should be shouting at the Board, Moshiri, Kenwright, the DOFS, the scouts.

Imagine we were in Luton's position (relegation places and making sure the Board is not overspending) and they were the ones that were overspending?
We done our overspending long before Luton rocked up.

As a result, we now have one of the worst Everton squads in memory having sold our best players, being managed by a dinosaur and they still need us to have points deducted to have a chance of finishing above us.

I’d say they need to redirect their anger toward their own failings.

I said ages ago theres no need to have any sympathy at all for Luton if anything this whole thing has been amazing for them apart from the fact they might end up actually staying up purely because of financial issues that haven't affected them at all they've probably got results they wouldn't have got normally because they've been kept interested by the points deductions. If they'd found themselves 7 or 8 points from safety halfway through the season they'd have lost heart and started getting battered you see it all the time with teams like that who suddenly realise they're not good enough for this level but because we had 10 points lopped off they never had that and have been able to keep going with teams in touching distance they've got a cheek saying any different.

Saw once more earlier about a third raft of charges over PSR breaches.
Nothing will be heard until next season.
Imagine the fume if us having stayed up, get docked points off next season points tally for a misdemeanour this season.
It just gets murkier.