Old Everton Pictures

Jimmy Husband shows his prowess in the air - in a 3-2 defeat at Leeds -

1712919511809.png

A memorable game & I was there -

View attachment 252441

I was there too, in the Street End. Seem to remember the weather was very sticky. Royle gave that big gallump Charlton a real chasing. It was a big, big statement as Leeds were super - confident after going God knows how many games without loss.

I see Labby also mentions the horrible December game with Brown's own goal Convinced it was largely that which persuaded the Catt to go and buy Keith Newton.

That looks horrendous.
I had the misfortune to go in the pen once my mate was skint & I offered to loan him the extra to go into the Gwlady street, I think it was 5 or 10p entrance fee .... I was a big lad with my Dr martins on & boy I needed them - Gangs in there harassing you for money climbing up the fences blocking our view - fight after fight in there too as other lads pulled them off the caging ....

Apart from that, such a crap spec of the match - The chanting was soprano too - I was older than most of the scallies in there - I told my mate after the game - never again - He agreed .... I think we won too - not very enjoyable being trapped in a pen in the corner of the Gwladys street to think BK stated he had been in there = my arsp :D