Summer 2024 transfer thread.

It's not and goes against what Thelwell said a few weeks back.
It’s all the doom merchants. We’re going to sell all our best players and raise 200mil and then just get all players who’re 35 and on their last legs, if that’s how it’s going to be I’d rather get a young mananger who wants to play attacking football and will coach young players, get young players who will chaeaper wages wise, who have hunger. Than buying a load of washed up mercenaries on big wages.

It’s all the doom merchants. We’re going to sell all our best players and raise 200mil and then just get all players who’re 35 and on their last legs, if that’s how it’s going to be I’d rather get a young mananger who wants to play attacking football and will coach young players, get young players who will chaeaper wages wise, who have hunger. Than buying a load of washed up mercenaries on big wages.
Oh I agree, Id rather start trying to build something long term than another plug the gaps season with a bunch of washed up no marks, some of the shouts in here are shocking tbh.

Do you think dyche had nothing to do with us getting a 6ft 4 lump of a centre forward.
Or getting a hardworking player like Jack Harrison or getting Ashley young on a free.
I doubt he had much to do with Beto he's not a stereotypical Dyche player at all but the other two I can imagine he would be interested in.

Do you think dyche had nothing to do with us getting a 6ft 4 lump of a centre forward.
Or getting a hardworking player like Jack Harrison or getting Ashley young on a free.

….i doubt he’d ever heard of Beto or Chermiti. I imagine he’d have a discussion that we’re in dire need of a striker and The DoF comes up with the solution.

I do think many fans blame Dyche for all our on-field struggles and Thelwell is largely absolved of criticism. Ultimately the DOF should be accountable for all signings because he makes them happen. I do agree Dyche might throw a name in the hat (Young perhaps) but even in those instances the DoF has to agree.

I think Thelwell is the first DOF we’ve had who we can safely say is accountable for all deals.

I don't think we can completely out rule using the money gained from player sales to purchase new players that aren't out of contract or only available on loan. We bought Onana for over 30 million pound on the back of selling Richarlison just a couple of years ago, for example. The sales of Brantwaite and Onana are going to bring in a similar amount of money that clubs get for winning the Champions League, so nobody is going to be shocked if Everton sign a couple of new players on the back of our humungous profits from players sales.

Having said that, we do occasionally have summers where we really are skint and we are only limited to loans and free transfers. Like the Benitez summer transfer window, and when we went several years without signing a first team player at one point under Kenwright, which was the period when the Arteta money went straight to the bank. But for the most part, we have re-invested profits derived from player sales on signing new players.

Loan signings and free transfers are often better than 30 million pound big money signings anyway. Ross Barkley on a free would likely be a much better signing than the 40m+ spent on the likes of Klassen and Gomes etc. It's entirely possible that the likes of Che Adams and Chris Wood signed on a free would provide a greater goal return than 25 million pound Beto.

I doubt he had much to do with Beto he's not a stereotypical Dyche player at all but the other two I can imagine he would be interested in.
No definitely not a typical dyche forward, seen as the last 2 he signed for Burnley were Chris wood and weghorst