Summer 2024 transfer thread.

If you've been watching us this season, which I know you have, then I'm pretty sure you know what a "Dyche player" is. Endeavour over skill. Solidity over flair.

….he has to work with what he’s been given, I’m sure he’d like to work with better quality players. I’m 100% certain if he had better quality at his disposal, he’d utilise it. Remember when posters were fixated that he’d use over Keane over Branthwaite; ridiculous but suited the Dyche stereotype.

No definitely not a typical dyche forward, seen as the last 2 he signed for Burnley were Chris wood and weghorst
Have you ever actually watched him play or have you just looked at his height on wikipedia he's not the type of player you seem to think he is. I don't care who decided to sign him but he doesn't look like a Dyche type striker to me I would guess we just signed him because he was available within our budget and not many people were.

But he’s 29 villa will want a fee he probably wants a 2/3yr deal on a min of 50k a week the whol package could be 15mil plus how is that a good deal for a club that is financially struggling

Season long loan I guess with Villa paying half of his wages.

They loaned him to Napoli and he's hardly played so when that happens you don't get that many clubs coming in with big cash offers so it's either another loan or him just warming the bench next season.

….i doubt he’d ever heard of Beto or Chermiti. I imagine he’d have a discussion that we’re in dire need of a striker and The DoF comes up with the solution.

I do think many fans blame Dyche for all our on-field struggles and Thelwell is largely absolved of criticism. Ultimately the DOF should be accountable for all signings because he makes them happen. I do agree Dyche might throw a name in the hat (Young perhaps) but even in those instances the DoF has to agree.

I think Thelwell is the first DOF we’ve had who we can safely say is accountable for all deals.
Utter nonsense, next you will blaming someone else for the [Poor language removed] football and not dyche.

The whole world knew we needed a striker,
Dyche was here for 6 months before we bought him and he wound have been in discussions with Thelwell every dat about targets. When he first got the job and it was the last day of the January transfer window and we failed to get a striker. He mentioned how had they had tried and talked about Kenwright and Thelwell making phone calls all day and night, so he was obviously involved as well.

Marcel brands left the DOF role,
Because he wasn’t allowed to run the whole show. Rumours of Thelwell leaving in the summer I think he’s out of contract.

Dyche is old school he will definitely want to be involved in signings. Moyes is the same,
There were stories last summer that we getting the sack at West Ham,
Because the DOF wanted to target young players with potential,
While Moyes wanted experienced players.

Ultimately it should be all on the DOF and sporting team to buy the players and
Pick The coach/mananger, to suit them players.
That definitely doesn’t happen at Everton, hopefully new owners will go down that route

To be fair, I wouldn't have taken him a year ago, I thought he was a busted flush but he's been very good for Luton this year.

Doughty's another one who'd probably fit in well here. Solid up and down left sided player but with far more end product than Myko. Luton even had him playing as LCB at the weekend although that was more down to their ridiculous injury list as apparently they have 5 CBs out injured?

Not sure if he's out of contract but if they go down they're not going to be demanding 10-15m for these players bar probably Adebayo.

I don't think we can completely out rule using the money gained from player sales to purchase new players that aren't out of contract or only available on loan. We bought Onana for over 30 million pound on the back of selling Richarlison just a couple of years ago, for example. The sales of Brantwaite and Onana are going to bring in a similar amount of money that clubs get for winning the Champions League, so nobody is going to be shocked if Everton sign a couple of new players on the back of our humungous profits from players sales.

Having said that, we do occasionally have summers where we really are skint and we are only limited to loans and free transfers. Like the Benitez summer transfer window, and when we went several years without signing a first team player at one point under Kenwright, which was the period when the Arteta money went straight to the bank. But for the most part, we have re-invested profits derived from player sales on signing new players.

Loan signings and free transfers are often better than 30 million pound big money signings anyway. Ross Barkley on a free would likely be a much better signing than the 40m+ spent on the likes of Klassen and Gomes etc. It's entirely possible that the likes of Che Adams and Chris Wood signed on a free would provide a greater goal return than 25 million pound Beto.
Agree with a lot of that, I think if we sell 2/3 for big money we will spend some of that.

On your last point,
To be fair Beto hasn’t had a lot on minutes,
Che Adams has never been prolific in the prem,
Not sure he’s ever got double figures. Chris wood is also hit and miss, doing well
This year, but I think he only got 3 or 4 goals for Newcastle in 30 games

Have you ever actually watched him play or have you just looked at his height on wikipedia he's not the type of player you seem to think he is. I don't care who decided to sign him but he doesn't look like a Dyche type striker to me I would guess we just signed him because he was available within our budget and not many people were.
I’d say his height is quite important to dyche, considering he’s a long ball set piece manager. He’s not buying 5ft 8 centre forwards and midfielders and 5f11 Centre backs any time soon

Season long loan I guess with Villa paying half of his wages.

They loaned him to Napoli and he's hardly played so when that happens you don't get that many clubs coming in with big cash offers so it's either another loan or him just warming the bench next season.
You wanted brownhill 2 days ago, imaging him
And Dendoncker next season in our midfield. I’d rather play garner and metcallfe
From the under 23’s.
We’d deserve relegation if that’s the players we target

….he has to work with what he’s been given, I’m sure he’d like to work with better quality players. I’m 100% certain if he had better quality at his disposal, he’d utilise it. Remember when posters were fixated that he’d use over Keane over Branthwaite; ridiculous but suited the Dyche stereotype.
We nearly went down him playing Keane last season, had Leicester scored the pen he gave away to go 3-1 up, we’d have gone down, dyche finally came to his senses with 4 games to go. When the fans were turning on him. I don’t think he was making that mistake again

I’d say his height is quite important to dyche, considering he’s a long ball set piece manager. He’s not buying 5ft 8 centre forwards and midfielders and 5f11 Centre backs any time soon
That might be true even though he did seem to like people Danny Ings and Vydra and Cornet as well as the type you've mentioned so maybe not as obvious as you think but its not related to the point really because you'd think if it was Dyche wanting to sign him he'd have watched him rather than just googled his size like you have and known what type of player he was. It doesn't matter to me who's signing them anyway as long as they do the business.

In case you haven't noticed we have no money or likelihood to able to spend big in the summer AND we are crap this is our 3rd relegation battle in a row.

And I would argue some of those players on free would be better than some of the players we have in our squad

"In case you haven't noticed"

...well clearly you havent 'noticed' the players you listed as none of them get in the team.

In addition, being on 'free' transfers doesnt mean theyre 'free'...

..."in case you havent noticed".

Sadly this is the market that we will have to shop in.

The Fulham centre half will have more attractive suitors than us but you'd have to think that Brownhill will be high up on Dyche and Kopite Kev s list

There's no correlation between those poor players and any signings the club has made under this DOF.

Was impressed with Jeremie Frimpong when he came on for Leverkusen yesterday.

Beating players putting crosses in and even when he lost the ball caught up and got it back to start another attack.

Only time I’ve seen him tbh but what a player.

And yeah I know I’m dreaming of us signing him currently.

You wanted brownhill 2 days ago, imaging him
And Dendoncker next season in our midfield. I’d rather play garner and metcallfe
From the under 23’s.
We’d deserve relegation if that’s the players we target

Where did I say I wanted Dendoncker?

They were rumours about him on the last day of August 2023 window but Villa wanted to keep him in the squad at that point so it appears he's of interest given his profile and able to cover a few positions (played often in the backline for Wolves).

Forest will probably be in for him aswell if they stay up.

Was impressed with Jeremie Frimpong when he came on for Leverkusen yesterday.

Beating players putting crosses in and even when he lost the ball caught up and got it back to start another attack.

Only time I’ve seen him tbh but what a player.

And yeah I know I’m dreaming of us signing him currently.

Time to get him was when he was Celtic.

He's just follow Xabi Alonso to his next club in 12 months you suspect. 50-60m....