2023/24 Ashley Young

Patterson will be one we flog who goes on and does well, not had even close to a fair crack of the whip at Everton, as with many youngsters sadly.
It's hard to pass comment on him until he goes somewhere else and we see what he does. If he suddenly starts ripping it up somewhere then massive questions need asking both of Dyche and Thelwell tbh but I'm not convinced myself, he has a bit about him however I'm not sure this is his level of the game.

It's hard to pass comment on him until he goes somewhere else and we see what he does. If he suddenly starts ripping it up somewhere then massive questions need asking both of Dyche and Thelwell tbh but I'm not convinced myself, he has a bit about him however I'm not sure this is his level of the game.
Lots said that about Robinson and he is doing pretty well now.

Says an awful lot about Patterson that Young has played so much.

Says plenty about the club's short termism.

Regardless of whether people rate Patterson or not he's eventually going to ask for a move. Or a season long loan.

So he goes out potentially full time and you're left with full back options with a combined age of 74! And Godfrey.

So will basically have to rebuild that position in one go e.g. the January window which could mean a panic signing or two.

Everything the club wants to avoid from now on but could easily fall into the trap again.

Yeah he has but he is certainly better going forward than he is as a defender, he went to Wigan for a while I think.

Robinson got time at Fulham. You see it with a few players, not quite ready for premier league even if they're massively hyped so they drop down to the championship and really develop their game getting 40 starts. Antonee Robinson is one, Summerville at Leeds another and Solanke finally learnt how to score for Bournemouth in championship and now he's replicating it at prem level.

The best thing for Patterson's career would've been playing in the championship this season. However he's now stuck warming the bench with a manager who doesn't trust him one little bit so he'll have a bit of thinking to do over the summer as his career is stalling.

Robinson got time at Fulham. You see it with a few players, not quite ready for premier league even if they're massively hyped so they drop down to the championship and really develop their game getting 40 starts. Antonee Robinson is one, Summerville at Leeds another and Solanke finally learnt how to score for Bournemouth in championship and now he's replicating it at prem level.

The best thing for Patterson's career would've been playing in the championship this season. However he's now stuck warming the bench with a manager who doesn't trust him one little bit so he'll have a bit of thinking to do over the summer as his career is stalling.
Won’t have much thinking to do if dyche gets the chop like