2023/24 Ashley Young

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with Young is that he gets too much time on the pitch and plays every position he played in his career, also, he hasn't for years. I expected him to not have that pace anymore as everyone that goes to his 40s.

I understand we got him with his background, still playing a lot at a Villa side on CL form last year on both full-back sides. Coleman has always been vulnerable to being out for a couple of weeks/months. Us not having money to throw around.

At the same time, I hoped, that Patterson and Mykolenko would be our first choices to usher the future while they have experienced players to learn from in the backup role.

How? He's always available and ready to play. That's hardly "robbing a living". He might not be very good but then that applies to everyone at the club bar the tea lady
I now this is the Young thread but he's here since Coleman ironically is getting on and NP not for some reason a first choice.

My point is what's going on with Nathan - he looked like he had something to offer. Once he's 'at it' Surely Ashley's a back-up that on the right deal for our circumstances is not ideal but not the end of the world

I now this is the Young thread but he's here since Coleman ironically is getting on and NP not for some reason a first choice.

My point is what's going on with Nathan - he looked like he had something to offer. Once he's 'at it' Surely Ashley's a back-up that on the right deal for our circumstances is not ideal but not the end of the world
Patterson will be one we flog who goes on and does well, not had even close to a fair crack of the whip at Everton, as with many youngsters sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back