2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

Hudson-Odoi had loads of fitness issues in recent times and think he had a similar impact at Leverkusen that Gray did. Elanga was right on the doorstep warming the bench in Manchester so I think he'd have been better fit although up and down form at Forest.

The gamechanger would've been getting the Kudus deal over the line in summer 2022 as he'd have energised the frontline with his dribbling and shooting.

Young has fitness issues, the issue being that he’s 38. We still signed him and are currently playing him right wing.

Lampard wanted Maupay, Garner was great for Forest and McNeil has been ok for us, he has had a bad season but I believe a lot going on off the field for him. I get it, but also that’s kind of what I’m saying, all of those players were cheap and that’s why they are at Everton.

McNeil is useless. Was crap at Burnley and has been crap for us barring about 2 months cumulatively.

Signing Chermiti for 10m when they knew he wasn't ready, made absolutely no sense

Its clearly an investment. Just as Stones, DCL and Branthwaite have been.

People are complaining about there being no u21s to step up while also saying theres "no money" this summer.

Yet here is a Portuguese u21 international centre forward who will have had a season to adapt.

Hes still only 19 and lets see how he does next season. We may all be pleasantly surprised.

Hudson-Odoi had loads of fitness issues in recent times and think he had a similar impact at Leverkusen that Gray did. Elanga was right on the doorstep warming the bench in Manchester so I think he'd have been better fit although up and down form at Forest.

The gamechanger would've been getting the Kudus deal over the line in summer 2022 as he'd have energised the frontline with his dribbling and shooting.

Some of the players weve been 'close' to signing under Thelwell such as Kudus and Gakpo and those weve been linked with...give me some confidence that if he was able to pull the trigger with money behind him we may have a different view.

I do think when it comes to the high level attacking players it is a money game.

Look at the player we went for in Jan from Watford, 20 year old Colombian Yaser Asprilla. 25 games worth of minutes and hes scored 6 and assisted 6.

Apparently they want 30mil for him.

McNeil £15mil
Harrison loan
DCL £1.5mil
Doucoure £22mil
Dobbin Youth
Beto £25mil
Maupay £12mil

Just compare with:
Kudus £38.5mil
Gakpo £45mil

What seems clear to me is that whoever the DOF is we need to have £100mil from somewhere to improve the attacking options.

Its clearly an investment. Just as Stones, DCL and Branthwaite have been.

People are complaining about there being no u21s to step up while also saying theres "no money" this summer.

Yet here is a Portuguese u21 international centre forward who will have had a season to adapt.

Hes still only 19 and lets see how he does next season. We may all be pleasantly surprised.

Some of the players weve been 'close' to signing under Thelwell such as Kudus and Gakpo and those weve been linked with...give me some confidence that if he was able to pull the trigger with money behind him we may have a different view.

I do think when it comes to the high level attacking players it is a money game.

Look at the player we went for in Jan from Watford, 20 year old Colombian Yaser Asprilla. 25 games worth of minutes and hes scored 6 and assisted 6.

Apparently they want 30mil for him.

McNeil £15mil
Harrison loan
DCL £1.5mil
Doucoure £22mil
Dobbin Youth
Beto £25mil
Maupay £12mil

Just compare with:
Kudus £38.5mil
Gakpo £45mil

What seems clear to me is that whoever the DOF is we need to have £100mil from somewhere to improve the attacking options.
Zat you don’t half talk wham

He should have a list a mile long of next managers but he is sat on his hands doing and saying nothing.

Sums up our club at the moment

No one is denying that.
But we would be up in arms if there was no one signed. Fact is we needed an attacking options. We can’t afford good options.
well we can, we’re just looking in the wrong markets. Zat mentions Asprillia at Watford, why wouldn’t we buy him for £2m (what Watford paid) loan him out for 12-18 months and then have him ready for the first team.

We did it Branthwaite.

Don’t let the failure of our Director of Football blindside reality. We don’t have the money to compete, so change your business model.

Not Everton, nah we’ll just buy players we can barely afford and hope they make it, rather than buying a few with potential and developing them. Some make it, some don’t, we’ll recoup our money on the ones that don’t either through loans or sales

well we can, we’re just looking in the wrong markets. Zat mentions Asprillia at Watford, why wouldn’t we buy him for £2m (what Watford paid) loan him out for 12-18 months and then have him ready for the first team.

We did it Branthwaite.

Don’t let the failure of our Director of Football blindside reality. We don’t have the money to compete, so change your business model.

Not Everton, nah we’ll just buy players we can barely afford and hope they make it, rather than buying a few with potential and developing them. Some make it, some don’t, we’ll recoup our money on the ones that don’t either through loans or sales
We changed our model for one summer when we brought in Gray, Townsend and Rondon for cheaper than Danjumas loan. Now they weren't good enough but neither is Mcneil, Beto and Chermiti. Only difference is one trio cost 60 million less for about the same impact. The club then completely abandoned that approach once Lampard came in