2023/24 Sean Dyche

Don't think he's lost the dressing room per se, the tactic set up was just naive. He mentioned in his post-match interview "the strange feeling around Chelsea, could we get into them, could we get after them" - let's be honest, most blues I've spoke to would've wanted us to go after Chelsea early doors. It just didn't work at all because Chelsea are way better than people think they are, especially on a technical level, hence why I think Dyche has been pretty self-critical as well in the conference. Hence why we had quite a positive start for the first ten minutes - then the bubble was popped and we didn't recover.

I feel like I watch a different game at times, people describe it as boring, dinosaur football - frankly I'm longing for the last time we put ten men behind the ball and tried to grind out a point. We're far, far too adventurous pressing up the pitch at the moment and it scares me a lot ahead of the Forest game - they've got so much pace to burn in the front line and we'll get done hard if Dyche doesn't fix this approach on the training ground. But after a 6-0 loss... surely he will?
We literally did that against Burnley

Happy to talk about any reasons why you think that might be - because I think Dyche will try to shut up shop after getting smashed 6-0?
All he does is shut up shop, 1-0 up v 10 men Burnley we sat back. 1-0 v 10 men Brighton we sat back and lost a goal.

Ok we don’t park the bus all game, but we will have 7 players constantly behind the ball. Ok so at times they push up a bit, but they hold their position, we basically attack with 3 or 4 players and is it any wonder we create nothing from open play or score goals. We must average 35% possession across the season.

He must go, we need that new impulse. Don't see him gone unfortunately.

Don't blame him for that Beto miss, for our individual mistakes, but for picking the almost same line-up again that went into our abysmal run again, but it turned out way worse than I could have imagined.

I am not close enough on the daily work, but 10000s see Young isn't good anymore for wing, we had 3-4 fit players etc.

What do you think changed in December/January that we went on such a bad run. We knew we will go with maybe 1ppg till the game today, but this is really poor.

Was there last night, have been backing Dyche until recently but playing a 38 year old midfielder on Right Mid yet again in a premier league game was baffling, to have played him 90 mins in a 6-0 defeat is unforgivable.
Especially we had 3-4 full fit players to replace him. I'm not involved in the daily work, but what can 10000s of people see, but a few people of the coaching team not?

All he does is shut up shop, 1-0 up v 10 men Burnley we sat back. 1-0 v 10 men Brighton we sat back and lost a goal.

Ok we don’t park the bus all game, but we will have 7 players constantly behind the ball. Ok so at times they push up a bit, but they hold their position, we basically attack with 3 or 4 players and is it any wonder we create nothing from open play or score goals. We must average 35% possession across the season.
I cannot understand how you can watch us and think 'We're far, far too adventurous'. Wayward balls down the byline, totally bypass the central midfield, 0 movement off the ball, its anything but 'adventurous'

It is absolutely mind boggling he decided to play a high line yesterday though, especially considering how bad Poch teams are vs a low block

Was in work on nights last night so never commented on the match or this bloody manager (I use the term manager very loosely). My opinion which certain people will not agree with is we need to get rid of this useless stubborn idiot ASAP. I would rather give someone else a try for the remaining 6 games , if he stays we will really struggle to stay up as the team does not look arsed playing for him anymore.

And other than the Uber positive ones, everyone’s energy is utterly spent from having to do the deadlifting
It’s absolutely draining , for example if the palace game happened now I think the stadium is probably half empty rather than inspiring the players . I’m not sure we , The fans have got it in us any more .

They’ve given us nothing in return and it’s times like this the lack of connect between manager /players/board & fans matters so that lack of connect means we’ve nothing to build on . Feels like the plan for the floggings to continue until moral improves has failed .

We literally did that against Burnley

I know that - it's also the last time we won in the league since the middle of December. Compare to several other games where we "had a go" and got heroically thumped as a result. It's absolutely bizarre we "played ugly" against Burnley at home... but then went to Chelsea away and tried to win the ball in their penalty box? I think that's why Dyche has been self-critical.

I just don't think this is true, sorry. Worth mentioning though that in those 2 games you've described, we took 4 vital points. Brighton I agree we sat back with a man up which was frustrating, but we were pretty adventurous in that game too - bit of a miracle we didn't concede before Branthwaites goal if you watch some of the highlights back

I agree that we don't keep the ball well at all, and we create zilch from open play - but I think that's a squad thing. The only way we can really create goals is by pressing high (fairly athletic squad made up of terrible finishers, so win the ball high and try and score goals from their mistakes) or from set pieces.