2023/24 Nathan Patterson

It works both ways I have nothing against Patterson but sometimes I look on here and people are making out like he’s class when I don’t think he is so I reply saying no I don’t agree. Nobody is really doing that in the Coleman or young thread so I don’t bother but if you say anything not positive in this thread you must be a bot or a wum or a bigot he’s the only player who has this sort of cult fan base weirdly.
No one is really saying he is class by pointing out he is a better option than young, Coleman or Godfrey.

There’s 3 main culprits who tend to be the ones to start it off in here due to the reasons you state. 2 have had thread bans previously and the other got told off for admitting to wumming. That’s why it gets brought up so much.

No one is really saying he is class by pointing out he is a better option than young, Coleman or Godfrey.
But there’s this insistence that he definitely is it’s not just like oh I’m surprised he doesn’t get more games it’s like this cult that he is obviously so much better even though actually there’s not much evidence of it. I have nothing against him I’d be happy for him to play because I don’t think any of them are any good but that isn’t enough it has to be acknowledged that he’s being unfairly treated and he’s loads better than the others otherwise you must have an agenda it’s well over the top the way some of you defend him.

But there’s this insistence that he definitely is it’s not just like oh I’m surprised he doesn’t get more games it’s like this cult that he is obviously so much better even though actually there’s not much evidence of it. I have nothing against him I’d be happy for him to play because I don’t think any of them are any good but that isn’t enough it has to be acknowledged that he’s being unfairly treated and he’s loads better than the others otherwise you must have an agenda it’s well over the top the way some of you defend him.
My argument has always been that he is the only one with scope to improve by actually playing so better to persevere with him. He also hasn’t made the direct mistakes leading to goals like the others have, and offers more going forwards.

There is enough evidence to show that when he does perform better than garbage, he immediately then gets dropped by Dyche (such as that Villa game in the cup etc) which is why some feel it’s unfair treatment.

I’ve also pointed out we could and maybe should have been playing him as a RW in front of Coleman (like Coleman did at his age) as the RW options are also terrible and he at least has a couple of assists to his name.

I defend him more when particular posters are blatant that it’s not about football reasons (as one of the posters made clear not that long ago).

My argument has always been that he is the only one with scope to improve by actually playing so better to persevere with him. He also hasn’t made the direct mistakes leading to goals like the others have, and offers more going forwards.

There is enough evidence to show that when he does perform better than garbage, he immediately then gets dropped by Dyche (such as that Villa game in the cup etc) which is why some feel it’s unfair treatment.

I’ve also pointed out we could and maybe should have been playing him as a RW in front of Coleman (like Coleman did at his age) as the RW options are also terrible and he at least has a couple of assists to his name.

I defend him more when particular posters are blatant that it’s not about football reasons (as one of the posters made clear not that long ago).
Ok this isn’t personal but I’ve made 3 pages worth of posts about him this season and I’ve been accused of having an agenda. You’ve posted SIXTEEN pages worth. Do you see how maybe it might look more like you’re the one with the agenda if you’re looking at it rationally?

Ok this isn’t personal but I’ve made 3 pages worth of posts about him this season and I’ve been accused of having an agenda. You’ve posted SIXTEEN pages worth. Do you see how maybe it might look more like you’re the one with the agenda if you’re looking at it rationally?
Don’t think ive ever accused you of having any sort of agenda. I was just pointing out that no one’s really saying he is class.

You’ll probably see that most of my posts that defend him are towards a few certain posters who I’ve already explained about.

Don’t think ive ever accused you of having any sort of agenda.

You’ll probably see that most of my posts that defend him are towards a few certain posters who I’ve already explained about.
No I didn’t say you had my point is it seems like anyone who doesn’t love him gets lumped in with the same group of wums as if it’s not ok to say actually I just don’t really see anything impressive about him you can only be bigoted or wumming despite him just not actually being objectively any good. When people are obviously wumming just ignore them responding every time just encourages them it’s pointless.

Honest answer - don’t be so funkin daft, of course not.

I just don’t like bias, bigotry and double standards fella - he’s not the best rb/rwb in the world but he’s prob the best one we’ve got and he can’t get near the first team, simply because he’s too attacking for the manager, yet his mate Young can stink the gaff out without reproach.

Agreed. I like Patterson but no he's not the best right back or right winger in the world.

Better player than Coleman, Godfrey and Young.

Well now they are all injured it's kind of irrelevant and seems certain Nathan will sadly be off in the summer having played his last game for us. If that was his swansong I think it's fair to say he's never hit the heights for us that Seamus did year in year out, Godfrey pre injury or Young has done for years (albeit not with us). So good luck Nath - long way to go

Well now they are all injured it's kind of irrelevant and seems certain Nathan will sadly be off in the summer having played his last game for us. If that was his swansong I think it's fair to say he's never hit the heights for us that Seamus did year in year out, Godfrey pre injury or Young has done for years (albeit not with us). So good luck Nath - long way to go
Cut the pretence. We all see you.

I think if you were to ask, you would find that no one thinks he's "class".

Most posters would simply say how he looks and also the stats point to him being the best option.

Certainly better than Young and Coleman who are finished at this level. Also clearly superior to Godfrey.

Im not sure why everyone isnt of the same opinion here.

He is an awful defender, truly awful. I have never seen a player be out of position more than him. He can’t defend, I would argue he is a 20m John Joe Kenny.

You slate him as being awful...

...then say his value has almost doubled.

What sorcery is this?

Wormtongue-Theoden2.jpg