2023/24 Amadou Onana

He has some good traits but rarely uses them, he’s 22 I think he must be a very slow learner, I wish he was half as good as he thinks he is, we need players who are willing to fight for the ball for ninety minutes, you must have seen him last night he was very poor, like most of them, but that was a normal performance from him.
A slow learner implies he’s being taught. He however is not.

I don't put 100% into my job when I'm hating it tbf. Football is a job to players these days, that's it.
Hopefully he does one then and leaves if the poor little precious pettle is not enjoying it .me heart bleeds for him but not as much as the fans who travel all over the country and spend a good chunk of there wages to get there and watch that crab not even try

While I'm blaming Dyche for lack of progress it's clear there something lacking at the core of Onana's attention and as such, the core of his character (as dr. iain mcgilchrist says - attending to is a moral act)

A slow learner implies he’s being taught. He however is not.
It could also mean that he’s not improving by playing and changing his game, he is definitely no better now after nearly two seasons than he was when he came, he still looks, to me, like a very average player who is of little benefit to the team when we are crying out for someone to lift the teams performances.

It could also mean that he’s not improving by playing and changing his game, he is definitely no better now after nearly two seasons than he was when he came, he still looks, to me, like a very average player who is of little benefit to the team when we are crying out for someone to lift the teams performances.
You cannot just decide to lift performances. This team is not being given the tools to succeed and it is not succeeding. Fix that first.

While I'm blaming Dyche for lack of progress it's clear there something lacking at the core of Onana's attention and as such, the core of his character (as dr. iain mcgilchrist says - attending to is a moral act)
Not backing the lad, but yesterday was just one of those days, we just weren't at the races!!

I Blame Dele 🙄

Taken 18 months for anyone to publicly criticise him for refusing to follow an opposing midfielder (who doesn’t have the ball) walking past him then running into our box unopposed. Irrelevant how many stretchy hooking slide tackles he does until he sorts this out. Has done it from day 1, every match. Countless goals conceded because of it, but because he is always out of camera shot, it’s always a defenders fault, or the cross should have been stopped, or Pickford should have parried it away from the middle of the goal. The fact he is out of camera shot is the issue.

Wouldn’t mind if he was awol after bursting into the opponents box, but he is allergic to that too. The modern antithesis of a box to box midfielder who refuses to enter either box.

Well yes, as he is not a "box to box midfielder".

Always thought it was a bit odd he opted for us rather than the Hammers at the time, considering they were heading into Europe and we were clearly going to be spending another season fighting to stay up. Could have been wages, but perhaps Moyes met with him and worked him out - definitely not his kind of player! Always thought Dyche was a bit similar but doesn't seem to be able to get a work ethic out of this lazy bunch.

So Moyes decided he wasnt for him?

Yet Moyes wanted him until Onana chose Lampard/Everton.

You cannot just decide to lift performances. This team is not being given the tools to succeed and it is not succeeding. Fix that first.
If a player has true ability he can always improve it - - - IF HE WANTS TO - - - does Onana show he has the desire to do this, ambling through nearly every game he plays.