2023/24 Sean Dyche

based on the squad of players we have that's actually not a bad return.

The problem is still the bigotry of our board. Andoni was also wanted by Lyon for example, struggling atm, but a much higher reputated club than Bournemouth, but he decided to go there because he got some funds and a promising team to build up there. Personal sources confirmed me that.

Our biggest problem is that we made 3 horrible managers decisions in a row, this adds to many of the problems caused in the last 10 years. Surely we would be in a better position with the right appointment of someone like Eddie Howe in 2021.

Andoni wouldn't have survived that start here, because when you saw them against us in October they looked as bad as we do now in the majority of games. Fair they had the patience and got rewarded now.
Be serious, he’s not getting the managers job here then getting sacked in November because of a bad start.

yeah maybe not, but no worse than fans who expect us to be any higher in the league with the current squad
Not all pal, I just think no manager should ever be left in his position after going close half a season and winning ONE GAME, picking up 9 points from 45

But ye know, it’s all about standards

Some fans have them, some fans make excuses.

delusional of the highest order, you have the manager and club you deserve. Why don’t you call us a league one squad just to help your argument a bit more. Which championship side has 10 internationals???

There are loads of mangers out there who’d crawl over broken class to the premier league. Bournemouth found an unknown from Spain who’re 15 points ahead of us and play miles better football.

And apart from Olise, Eze and Anderson who else is walking into our team from palace . A team we’ve played 4 times this season and won twice and drawn twice. Will Hughes, Joel ward, clyne . The keeper Henderson??

We pay this dinasour 5mil and apparently 3mil to keep us up. That’s scandalous if true. 8million pound to play Sunday league tactics, worst winless run in 67yrs, worst defeat in 19yrs and the least open play goals in the whole league, but I’m sure you will tell me Sheffield Utd, Burnley and Luton have better players than us.
`Olise, Eze and Anderson` Mateta? Edourd? ...even Ayew....all of them make Everton team...at the top of the pitch is where it counts. If you cant score goals your going nowhere.

Be serious, he’s not getting the managers job here then getting sacked in November because of a bad start.
Probably not now, when you see no signs of sacking Dyche with 9 points in 15 games.

But you think in normal circumstances any manager would survive 9 games without a win here, to win the 10th and then to lose 1:6 away to City.

Going into 11 games with 6 points and 9/27 goals, never me.

This is where the perception is warped though to be fair. If we were 8 points better off, we'd be nowhere near the dogfight and most people wouldn't really care in the grand scheme. We wouldn't want to see this run of form regardless obviously but that would have been job done and the focus on here would have been on discussing how to overhaul this dreadful squad, not Dyche.
Dreadful is being far to kind for this rabble.

Ive been on here posting that most of the season.
16 goals from open play is the reason he shouldnt be here beyond this season. Its worse than sheff united. But he has more points than them and a few others without the points taken away so i have to balance that.
Club has to move in another direction or it will just continue to drop and decline. Stop rewarding players with 120k a week contracts who cant even control a ball would be a good start. Dont employ another DOF. The club doesnt need one. Esp ones who quite clearly shouldnt be in a position to be putting players on the pitch. DOF at Everton has been an unmitigated disaster. Scouts and an admin clerk will do the job.
Move Dyche on at the end of this season regardless if stayed up or not.
This would mean the club needing a plan. Something this club hasn't had since Moshiri racked up.
Until we have a plan there is literally no point in changing any manager unless we are forced to try and get a few extra wins from a new manager bounce to avoid relegation.
No manager can fix this mess, it needs to start at the top.

Let's not forget the man has been wrestling with a club in turmoil, a playing squad who don't know whether they're coming or going, and a corrupt Premier League hellbent on putting the breaks on a better future in a new stadium, oh and minus 8 points.

Let's cut him some skack.
All he gets is slack, he's won one game in four months and his job is under no pressure whatsoever whilst taking home £100k a week. I'm not having the "poor Sean" narrative at all, we should all be so lucky.

Not all pal, I just think no manager should ever be left in his position after going close half a season and winning ONE GAME, picking up 9 points from 45

But ye know, it’s all about standards

Some fans have them, some fans make excuses.

so we change manager again? who do we get? and do you trust the owner to get it right the eighth time of asking? Just think about that....hes appointed 7 managers since hes bought the club 8 years ago - the pay-offs alone are one of the reasons we can't spend any money to buy decent players.

Sean Dyche was dealt an abysmal hand. He took over a poor squad and he found a way to get points, it was by playing very negatively but it worked. Then, the teams playing against us worked out his tactics and they stopped producing. Our players appear to have lost all belief in what he is doing and hence the worst run we have ever had. The fact that Sean Dyche was dealt a poor hand isn’t reason enough to keep him in post, the fact that for a while his style of football garnered some points is not reason enough to keep him in post however the fact that for fifteen games, apart from Burnley, we can’t win is reason enough to sack him. The fact that we need goals to win some of our remaining games to avoid relegation and his record shows his teams don’t score goals is reason enough to sack him. Points he has won 4 months ago will not help us now but it seems that is the defence being put forward for keeping him, his record is one of stubborn persistence to his game plan, a game plan that is no longer working and it is unlikely to work over the coming games.
I agree that Sean Dyche has been dealt a poor hand, however he should be sacked because he is now playing that poor hand particularly badly.

so we change manager again? who do we get? and do you trust the owner to get it right the eighth time of asking? Just think about that....hes appointed 7 managers since hes bought the club 8 years ago - the pay-offs alone are one of the reasons we can't spend any money to buy decent players.
It’s too late now.

Dyche, over the last 3 months, as brought new lows to this club. Equalling our worst ever winless record, on course to break our lowest home wins record.

I’m hopeful that he beats our lowest scoring season of 34, he’s only 2 off so hopefully he can beat that. Its all about the small wins

Everton, aren’t we!!!!

Snipped off the first part of @Caolam 's post....
Sean Dyche has been dealt a poor hand, however he should be sacked because he is now playing that poor hand particularly badly.
That's it as succinctly put as it can be.

He is manager at a basket case of a club with a mishmash of decent and not so decent players inherited from different managerial periods some unsaleable and with no direction from the owner or boardroom and huge financial restrictions.

Having said all that, he's just sent a team out with suicide tactics against Chelsea, won 1 game in 14, looks like he has lost the players (after assaulting one on a training trip) and has lost the fans. He shows no tactical prowess and I for one have little confidence that he knows how to get anything more out of the squad.

He's in Mike Walker territory now. Of little actual use and well out of his depth. The fact that he is still here is testament to how inept and/ or incompetent the board and owner are which is I suppose the only reason he ever got a shot at the job in the first place.

Awful situation. Is the club rotten to the core? I hope not and that it can ne turned around over the next season and we don't get relegated in the meantime. But Dyche ain't the man for the job on current evidence- far far from it unfortunately.

Dyche dealt a bad hand? Last season 100%.

This season, not so much. He had a far better hand dealt him this season in terms of coherent squad recruitment with players able to play his style compared to either Rafael or Frank.

He’s got players that suit the way he wants to play. Harrison and McNeil on the wings - out of possession they do a lot of work to protect the fullbacks. He’s got Gana, Onana and Garner in centre mid - ball winners, battlers etc. Tarks and Branthwaite at centre back, big monsters who head everything. DCL upfront who has been fit most of the season - works unselfishly and is good in the air and with back to goal to deal with all the big hoofs up to him.

The players aren’t world beaters but they’re better than 1 win in 15 games. They look like they’ve lost belief, energy from earlier in the season and that is really what you need to get wins under Dycheball - resilience to hang in there, ride your luck and then nick one.

Why that is, I don’t know but it doesn’t look like Dyche does either. Incredibly limited manager.