2023/24 Sean Dyche

so we change manager again? who do we get? and do you trust the owner to get it right the eighth time of asking? Just think about that....hes appointed 7 managers since hes bought the club 8 years ago - the pay-offs alone are one of the reasons we can't spend any money to buy decent players.
Moshiri won’t be picking the next one unless he sacks dyche in the next week or two

This would mean the club needing a plan. Something this club hasn't had since Moshiri racked up.
Until we have a plan there is literally no point in changing any manager unless we are forced to try and get a few extra wins from a new manager bounce to avoid relegation.
No manager can fix this mess, it needs to start at the top.

No manager can fix it. But fixing it is a very loose term. Not expecting anything much from anyone new but the club needs to appoint a manager/coach who puts more empahsis in getting players in with more technical ability.
Get rid of this awful DOF. Just a quick example, how can you go watch Beto and agree a 25m fee. Did he by some miracle chance play like Harry Kane in the games scouted. Take a punt by all means. But not 25m quid. Im sure i'm not alone in after 2 or 3 games for Everton thinking, this lad has no techinical ability at all. Who scouted him.
The other point which is very valid is who's going to appoint a manager like that. There is nobody at the club with an ounce of footballing sense. Def not kevin thelwell.
Moving the club in a different direction is i agree from the top right through to the manager. We may need to take a chance on someone with just potential. One thing is for certain. The combination of dyche/thelwell is not that.
No easy fixes and it might well be a few steps back but the club is desperate for a better coaching manager. Fans need to help aswell. Stop lording players like doucoure and calling him the "duke" when he scores once in 10 games. He's a big part of the problem. An abysmal player who over a season is more or a liability with his non existent passing ability.
Enormous job for anyone. But you have to start somewhere. And have a bit of luck.

`Olise, Eze and Anderson` Mateta? Edourd? ...even Ayew....all of them make Everton team...at the top of the pitch is where it counts. If you cant score goals you’re going nowhere.
Well you can’t have both edourd and mateta. As both teams play one striker Both have 7 league goals is that 2 more than DCL who’s having the worst season of his career. If palace in the summer wanted to do a straight swap with DCL and we can take our pick on Edourd or mateta. Would we be excited for that deal. I’m not sure anyone of us would go for that. And the same with Ayew. You automatically thing he’s more of a wide forward than a wide player in a dyche system. Yet he has 4 goals in 30 games this season, same as Harrison and less than McNeil last season. Again are we really going to excited about getting Ayew in the summer if that was an option. You’re just clutching at staws

looking at the Beto signing it felt like an insurance job for DCL who couldn’t get a run of games together. I can understand that if Dyche had decided he wanted to play with wingers and crosses into the box then he needed a striker who was strong in the air.

The signings have all been built around big and tall players through the spine and to be aggressive which tbf fits with what generally gets Everton fans off the seat. I’ve thought this ever since Joe Parkinson put Juninho into the stand.

Where it’s fell down is DCL has been fit so fans looking for a plan B are scratching their heads because Beto doesn’t offer anything different.

Other teams have worked us out so stopping crossed coming in. Previous managers actually had far more options to play different ways as and when necessary due to the flexibility of Gordon, Richarlison and probably Townsend too.

I’m not excusing Beto but I can understand the thought process even if it hasn’t worked (so far ;-) )

When we first appointed Dyche those who supported the awful appointment argued that he was the ideal man because he could get the most out of a poor squad.
We survived by a goal in the last 45minutes of the season , slender margin.
Now the narrative has become he is struggling because our squad is so poor .
I think some people just like watching crap football to be honest , it makes them feel worthy and ‘real’😀

When we first appointed Dyche those who supported the awful appointment argued that he was the ideal man because he could get the most out of a poor squad.
We survived by a goal in the last 45minutes of the season , slender margin.
Now the narrative has become he is struggling because our squad is so poor .
I think some people just like watching crap football to be honest , it makes them feel worthy and ‘real’😀
I think he was the better of the 2 that were named, but he shouldn't have been offered such a long contract. It's a big burden now.

Bournemouth, West Ham and Wolves went away playing a way better 2nd half of the season, and we lost against them in Dec-January.

The situation is different now, luckily no team was really able to exploit our bad run so far, and now trying to be a bit optimistic we can still sort that out against Luton and Forest. That is not easy now to not see the black hole.

The squad isn't as good as we did in October-December, but never as bad as in 2024. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

yes mate, Sean Dyche is definitely not responsible for winning 4 home games all season, 1 in the last 15 and recouping 9 points from 45

That is certainly not his fault

*fist bump
It must be Mosh's fault then.

Showing up before each match and hi-jacking Dyche's team talk with spreadsheets, profit statements, graph's and lot's of accounting talk.

Bores the players to death so by the time their on the pitch, they're disinterested. 🫠

No manager can fix it. But fixing it is a very loose term. Not expecting anything much from anyone new but the club needs to appoint a manager/coach who puts more empahsis in getting players in with more technical ability.
Get rid of this awful DOF. Just a quick example, how can you go watch Beto and agree a 25m fee. Did he by some miracle chance play like Harry Kane in the games scouted. Take a punt by all means. But not 25m quid. Im sure i'm not alone in after 2 or 3 games for Everton thinking, this lad has no techinical ability at all. Who scouted him.
The other point which is very valid is who's going to appoint a manager like that. There is nobody at the club with an ounce of footballing sense. Def not kevin thelwell.
Moving the club in a different direction is i agree from the top right through to the manager. We may need to take a chance on someone with just potential. One thing is for certain. The combination of dyche/thelwell is not that.
No easy fixes and it might well be a few steps back but the club is desperate for a better coaching manager. Fans need to help aswell. Stop lording players like doucoure and calling him the "duke" when he scores once in 10 games. He's a big part of the problem. An abysmal player who over a season is more or a liability with his non existent passing ability.
Enormous job for anyone. But you have to start somewhere. And have a bit of luck.
I think the DOF model hasn't worked for us. We've had 3 and gotten worse. I blame Walsh for wasting all that money at the start.
Issue with Thelwell now is he has to try and balance the books as well as try to supply players. Don't envy him. I can't believe that he agreed to swap Simms and Cannon for Beto, that deal must have been from above for FFP. He also has the problem of finding clubs to accept our terms when buying as I think Beto is nothing up front and Onana was low instalments so we can't expect anyone decent player wise for the foreseeable.

As for Dyche I believe he is one set of results from the sack. As I said if we need a new manager bounce to get some results then that could come this weekend if we get beat and Luton win. I'd expect his sacking if we drop into the bottom 3. Any new manager will also be a filler just like our last 3 as nobody decent is coming without assurances of better players and the ownership sorted.

so we change manager again? who do we get? and do you trust the owner to get it right the eighth time of asking? Just think about that....hes appointed 7 managers since hes bought the club 8 years ago - the pay-offs alone are one of the reasons we can't spend any money to buy decent players.
The new manager bounce with any semi-decent manager should be enough to get us over the finish line this season mate.

I think most of us are clinging on to the fact the Forest are beatable on Sunday and 3 points will feel like a huge relief. with so little games lef to play, Sunday is probably defines our season, lose to Forest and i think we go down personally.

Personally id be very surprised if we get anything out of the game never mind 3 points. teams will be desperate to play us.

A thrashing at Chelsea can be written off but I feel it will turn really toxic on Sunday if we get beat.

I think most of us are clinging on to the fact the Forest are beatable on Sunday and 3 points will feel like a huge relief. with so little games lef to play, Sunday is probably defines our season, lose to Forest and i think we go down personally.

Personally id be very surprised if we get anything out of the game never mind 3 points. teams will be desperate to play us.

A thrashing at Chelsea can be written off but I feel it will turn really toxic on Sunday if we get beat.
Even at Sunday League level, you get snotted 6-0, you're not going to be in the best frame of mind for the next game and that's what's worrying me about our lot of bottlers.

Forest are already licking their lips mate...

They'll fancy their chances for sure.

no mate it’s US who are beatable

i mean 3 months shows it